Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheelie bars

If you were to adjust them low enough that they would actually work to help launch the car, then they could become a problem on the street.

One thing that was quite common to see at the track were cars getting tangled up in another car's wheelie bars. There again, everyone was using long bars to help plant the tires without overly unloading them.

You just need to remember things like curbs and speed bumps. Other than that, they should not present a problem.

i have a set on my bucket. they look cool and they work like a charm. i run mine 31/2-4in off ground when ime showing and driving harder. when there is alot of rough street driving, rr tracks and in and out of parking lots like in miss cruisin the coast ill run mine 5-6 inches. they get alot of comments at shows...mike

MDANIELSON55 said:
i have a set on my bucket. they look cool and they work like a charm. i run mine 31/2-4in off ground when ime showing and driving harder. when there is alot of rough street driving, rr tracks and in and out of parking lots like in miss cruisin the coast ill run mine 5-6 inches. they get alot of comments at shows...mike

Can you really get it to hook hard enough to need wheelie bars? I have 20" wide tires on the back of mine and they just spin. Another thing here is insurance. Hagerty won't insure you with wheelie bars. Wheelie bars are for race cars only, along with rollbars, and several other things.

When I first met Rick, he had them on is car. Once he got the car titled and lincensed, I believe he took them off. I am really sure you will here from him today on what he thinks of them. By the way, they really do look pretty cool.

thomas:)

I think they're cool, same with rollbars/cages, and other race only stuff. I'de stick a 'cute on the back just to get people REALLY thinking.

RPM said:
Can you really get it to hook hard enough to need wheelie bars? I have 20" wide tires on the back of mine and they just spin. Another thing here is insurance. Hagerty won't insure you with wheelie bars. Wheelie bars are for race cars only, along with rollbars, and several other things.

Your rear gear has alot to do with spinning the rear tires and air preasure.If both are correct to your car then you will for sure put the front wheels in the air.Mine go about 6 inches and im running a 2.74 granny gear(soon to be replaced with a 3.88).And if you don't have a posi unit then when you go up you will go around in circles.When i go up i come down in the next lane,then i go home and change my shorts.Cool factor is for real but as Mike said speed bumps and ramps to parking lots are your enemy i hope this helps.

the ones i am looking at are street only,they actually bolt onto the rear axil and say for show only,1 from jegs and the other from summit,the summit one has springs on them,no insurance problems with heacock ins co

This is what mine looked like when i had them on.

Picture041.jpg

Your getting to be a pro at posting them pictures pal. You need to come over one day and show me how to do all that kind of stuff.:eek: I am a idot when it comes to computers.

thomas:)

Rick, THAT is a VERY aggressive looking machine! :eek:

I like it.:rofl:

I pray i can get traction to the rear wheels upon completion of the final product. I remember one of the first things i did on this forum was grill rick in PM's about his bars in the back, LOL.

Its sad to me to hear you took them off... though if your still wheelstanding it without them i'll retract the previous statement and give up more props:)

Rick said:
Your rear gear has alot to do with spinning the rear tires and air preasure.If both are correct to your car then you will for sure put the front wheels in the air.Mine go about 6 inches and im running a 2.74 granny gear(soon to be replaced with a 3.88).And if you don't have a posi unit then when you go up you will go around in circles.When i go up i come down in the next lane,then i go home and change my shorts.Cool factor is for real but as Mike said speed bumps and ramps to parking lots are your enemy i hope this helps.

It has a Dana 60 posi with 4:10 gears, a Moroso drag race 4 link, 20" wide Firestone race tires 31" tall. 10 psi in the tires.

RPM said:
It has a Dana 60 posi with 4:10 gears, a Moroso drag race 4 link, 20" wide Firestone race tires 31" tall. 10 psi in the tires.

Add your motor and converter and you won't be hooking up any time soon.To much to quick for the weight and weight transfer in a T-Bucket.(side bar here:weight:What ever happened to I before E except after C?)

I dunno, that tall tire is going to kill some of that gear ratio.

The bottom line to all this is that most T's are street-driven and most streets lack enough 'teeth' to let such a light car ever get hold of the ground. Which is OK, because most streets and roads have just enough crown in them to cause some serious problems with trying to keep a car straight anyway.

Not that I would have ever actually tested a car's performance on a public thoroughfare, you'll understand. :welcome:

I have picked up differential parts because of a good hook on the street. chevy 312 hand grenaded that gov locker.

I have picked up differential parts because of a good hook on the street. chevy 312 hand grenaded that gov locker.
The only time I drove my t when I checked it out before buying it and disassembling it, it bounced the front end fairly easily, then the tires let go and it went which ever way it felt like. That was with the 427, 4 speed, 456 ford9 with a spool, and worn slicks. It will not be on the street with that setup. That was the ride that caused me to reach for my wallet.

I been thinking about a set of bars for mine when I get it together. 500+ HP w 3500 stall with 4000 flash stall. Engine is basiclly a SBF Sherminator 347 with a dart block and bigger AFR heads. The Sherminator 347 turned 530 HP with small AFR heads. I wouldn't dare get in it without a set of bars at first. Maybe after I know what it wants to do. I will take them off but for now it' not on my priority list getting it all together is number one.

Unless you're running a high 4 to low 5 series gear & have slcks on a race -prepped surface , you'll blow the tires off before lifting the front... my $.02
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back