Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who made my frame?

hotrodpete

Hi all, been chipping away at the bucket for a few years now, and its finally on the road! Yeah, great fun. Anyways been looking at lots of other buckets lately and cant seem to find any frames like mine. Two round steel tubes that come together at the front then angle apart and meet again at the back where it kicks up. I really dont think its homemade, looks professionally done. I'll try to post some pics, but does anyone of a company or companies that produced round tube frames? Looks very dragster-like and longer than most other buckets I've seen. The only markings I can find are RVK and 315XXXX (X's are numbers) on the front spring perch. Thanks for any leads

100_3349.jpg

100_3348.jpg

Is that a two piece drag link ?

It might have been made by Dragmaster. Try a search under that name here and on Google.

Ron

It might be a 'Speed Improvements' frame. They like Dragmaster were making tubular style frames for dragsters and t- buckets in the mid-sixties. There is a small B&W ad in my Oct 64 Car Craft that shows their bare chassis with the front rails looking exactly like the ones in your pic. They were out of Long Beach and the kit sold for $140! Is the rest of your frame tubular? Does it have a hoop under the cowl. I don't have a scanner here at home, but I'll scan it at work and post it. I also have a Hot Rod or Car Craft around her that has a "T bucket Chassis Guide" from the sixties..that may shed some light on it as well.

Edit: Here is a ad for Speed Improvements I found online:
SpeedImprovementsad50.jpg

Here's a full shot:

100_3261.jpg

I does not have a hoop at the cowl. Kind of looks like the front of the dragster frame at the bottom of the ad though. The tubes meet when the bottom tube kicks up just before the rear tire, the top one meets it where it kicks back towards rear crossmember. All the chassis components are tubular except for the trans crossmember, wich is square tube and removeable.
Thanks guys

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back