Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

windshield

tswenson27

I have a 1923 bucket that i bought without the windshield on it. i believe that i have all of the stuff to put it together but dont know what i need to use for gaskets. it is a square frame with 2 panes of glass. i have some canvas looking stuff that is a long strip. is that what i use to set the glass? I seen some stuff on CCR website but dont know what i need. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

More than likely the cork like stuff is for sandwiching between the metal frame and the glass. I do not know what windshield you have that has 2 pieces of glass. If it looks like the cork will not hold the glass, or it will be too difficult to press together, you can substitute silicon. I just put a windshield together and used silicone. I cut a small piece of the cork welt to center the glass in the frame. I put a piece toward each end and trimmed it so the silicone would cover the ends. I holds the glass off the metal and centers the glass, so you will get an even spacing on both sides of the glass. If you use the welt, you can use some soapy water to help getting it together and cut off the excess with a razor blade. If you can post of pictures of what you have, I am sure you will get good advise. I would trail assemble it and check the overall demensions for fit.

good luck,

I have a 1923 bucket that i bought without the windshield on it. i believe that i have all of the stuff to put it together but dont know what i need to use for gaskets. it is a square frame with 2 panes of glass. i have some canvas looking stuff that is a long strip. is that what i use to set the glass? I seen some stuff on CCR website but dont know what i need. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

I have the CCR 22" single glass windshield and took it to the glass shop and let them do everything. CCR sent some rubberized gasket stuff, but I didn't use it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back