Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1984 oldsmobile cutlass

Mike Becker

I need some advice...would a 1984 olds cutlass be a good choice for a donor car (brakes, engine, trans, rear end, drive shaft, etc.) It has a 350 olds rocket motor with a th350 tranny. If not, what would be a good suggestion, and remember, I'm broke as a joke
shrug2.gif

I need some advice...would a 1984 olds cutlass be a good choice for a donor car (brakes, engine, trans, rear end, drive shaft, etc.) It has a 350 olds rocket motor with a th350 tranny. If not, what would be a good suggestion, and remember, I'm broke as a joke
shrug2.gif

If you already have it use it. That car has a computer in it which might be an issue. The best donor cars we have found are 76 Nova 4 doors, and all of the sister cars from Buick, Olds and Pont. Most all of these cars had 350 engines and 350 trans. Here they are all rusted out and only bringing about $600. Just about everything on the car can be used. Even the front brakes will go on 49-54 Chevy spindles.

I always thought that was what hot rodding was all about. Find a cheap donor car to cannibalize. Remember don't throw anything away. You'll be surprised how even the simplest little bracket could come in handy. If at all possible keep the donor car until yours is running and road worthy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back