Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

2009 NTBA NAtionals

I am going for a whole week I hope. Should be arriving on or the day before my 40th Birthday and spending the week driving this rusted old fiberglass bucket around in circles having the time of my life!

Hope to leave Memphis Saturday, June 13, and try to make it an easy drive with lots of stops, etc.

If I can ever find a fiberglass four seater tub I hope to be towing the VW powered Lo Rider Tub behind Kletus.

Now somebody find me a four door tub REAL CHEAP and I'll get the frame built.

Hope it'll look something like this, but with a VW motor and transaxle in the back instead of the Flattie up front.

1258865661_3a24b92906_o.jpg

Sure do Al... might have to try making it out of metal if I can't find a fiberglass tub soon.

Figure it'll look like crap because I don't have much skill with metal and no bead roller but I want to get cracking on this as soon as I can. June's fast approaching!!!!

I have one tub in the garage that I could cut up... or maybe I can get Cap'n Jack to pop off a couple of bodies from his mold.

525097152_2d3aa83f67.jpg

T-Odd said:
Sure do Al... might have to try making it out of metal if I can't find a fiberglass tub soon.

Figure it'll look like crap because I don't have much skill with metal and no bead roller but I want to get cracking on this as soon as I can. June's fast approaching!!!!

I have one tub in the garage that I could cut up... or maybe I can get Cap'n Jack to pop off a couple of bodies from his mold.

525097152_2d3aa83f67.jpg
Do a search on the HAMB there was a guy offerring 4 molds for fiberglass bodies one was a T Tub! I think you can find pics etc. of the molds in the classifieds wanted something like 800$ for all 4 molds

I'd like to go. This would be my first T-bucket Nationals and the plan is to trailer the 500 miles to get there. Can't decde on lodging based on the ones listed. :confused: Any suggestions?

Bruce

Al.

Fly out and drive my car.

The plan for towing the VW four seater (if I can get it built that is) was to "sell it" to someone that needs a ride and they could "sell it" back to me after the Nats or I could just drive the four seater Tub and have three ride alongs.

Leon renaud "Do a search on the HAMB there was a guy offerring 4 molds for fiberglass bodies one was a T Tub! I think you can find pics etc. of the molds in the classifieds wanted something like 800$ for all 4 molds"

I'm looking but haven't found it yet... got a link?

Going to stay at the comfort inn,guess I'll rent a dolly to bring what there
is of the car.

Okay, I'm reserved at the Comfort Inn too. :D I haven't seen a reduced event rate (?) so assumed AAA was the cheapest.

Dusty, I towed my bucket with a tow dolly & a 4cyclinder Ford Ranger to Mt. Home, Ark a few years back about 750 miles. Had to take on some big hills & mountains plus get lost a few times. I also took out the drive shaft. If I get my new bucket done I will do the same way going to Lenoir, NC. Thanks Lar :welcome:

June 25 i will be 52 Seems like just the other day i was

well younger

LOTSA Birthdays that week.

Well we're going to have one heck of a birthd...WEEK celebration going on aren't we?

And Father's Day also... even though I have no kids (that I know of that is).

I've made it my duty to inform AL that he should fly out to the NATS in every post.

AL, fly out there.

My job is NOT done.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back