Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

225 slant six in my build

Brian Wilson

pros? cons? anyone seen it done? I got the drive trane from a 69 dart and I really would like to use it in my build.

Somewhere, I've seen pictures of a Slant 6 T. I'll hunt around to see if I can find them again.

Personally, I think it will make for a really unique build. I've seen some Slant 6's that were simply abused and they just kept right on running. I don't know if even kryptonite can bring a Slant 6 down. :laugh:

I like the looks of a slant 6 [have the exhaust on drivers side would be great ] no chance of a burnt leg.............

A slant six is the definition of tough and reliable. I had an old duster with a slant six that I ran into the ground, gave it to my oldest daughter as a first car, she used it for a year until the body was no longer safe, and then I pulled the motor and put it in a station-wagon for another guy and he used it for two years and sold it to a friend of his after that I lost track of it. A slant six will provide plenty of power for a tbucket, unless you are trying for a speed record.

Here is a real beauty from here in Florida.

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Jim

And there is this...

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

I was always taught that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. So I will remain silent. LOL

Jim

ok, I'm sold! LOL. I got this drive line for a 100.00 and I heard it run before the removal. there is a video on youtube my brother sent me of a 4 door valiant turning 13's from a 255 with a cam, headers and head/intake work. I figure i'll save alot on the motor using the one I got and I do love being set apart from the rest. thanks for the input everyone!

The little 225's will raise hell! Theres alot of dressup stuff for them, alotable of speed stuff, and its a really durable motor also.....

What a great motor. We had them here in Chrysler Valiants made in Oztralia. Called the "Sloper" down here, they just run and run and run on them nickel iron bores. A six pack sounds good and different too.

Here's some inspiration! And who says a I-6 won't run.... Diff. motors with diff. styles, they can be made to look good also!

Attachments

• Bonneville6-2.jpg
    Bonneville6-2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 40
  • bonneville6-1.jpg
    bonneville6-1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Nyt billede.JPG
    Nyt billede.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 41
  • engine6.jpg
    engine6.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IntakePictures032.jpg
    IntakePictures032.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 42
  • ALTERED_3_04_RT_SIDE.jpg
    ALTERED_3_04_RT_SIDE.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 43
Tex Smith used one in his XR6 roadster that he built and I think won Americas Most Beautiful Roadster with in the 60's. Really good motors, I had one in a Valiant and it was very quick for a straight 6. I used to wind it out in low and then punch the number 2 button and chirp the tires. :D

Don

I had one in an Australian Valiant back in the '70's. Great engine that would push the car to 100MPH easy. Pity was, the car couldn't do a 100, as it used to get really bad front end lift at those speeds. Was fun to drive all the same. Would like to see one in a bucket.

ok, I'm sold! LOL. I got this drive line for a 100.00 and I heard it run before the removal. there is a video on youtube my brother sent me of a 4 door valiant turning 13's from a 255 with a cam, headers and head/intake work. I figure i'll save alot on the motor using the one I got and I do love being set apart from the rest. thanks for the input everyone!

Brian,

Don't listen to these guys. Those are terrible engines. You just need to send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Have fun!

George

Brian,

Don't listen to these guys. Those are terrible engines. You just need to send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Have fun!

George
HAHAHA! my brother is real exited to see this in a T also. i'm getting shipping quotes for my body and I picked up the 2x3 for the frame yesterday. I have my eye on a few go fast goodies for the six. I really had no idea you could get good reliable horsepower from these motors but the more I look online i'm finding guys that are getting 250 plus ph and 18 mpg on the highways. I know that not massive numbers but I feel its enough to push a bucket down the road with power to spare.

hey thanks for that! I copied it and sent it to my brother also. he is a huge fan of the slant six and pretty much the one responsable for me incorperating one in my build. last saturday the topic came up at the local gathering of rods and the idea got a huge conversation going among all the mopar guys. I am still in the air with the body but my drive line is complete. 225 slant with a 727 and a 1992 S10 rear end with disk. I think it will make for a reliable ride overall.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back