Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27 t build

rob2078

Here is the beginning of my build. I look forward to all hearing about whats right and wrong.:winkn:Picture022.jpg

Welcome to the sight. Project's lookin good so far. I like the long box.

Ron

Thanks for the greet. I like the long bed look.I made the kick-up long to support it.th_Picture023-1a.jpg
The longer bed gives more places to stash parts.
Bob

After modifying the frame to support the long bed/fuel tank I did'nt like the way the frame was exposed.
I made up some sheilds to cover the rails(pics soon).The paint in this picture i s gloss black.Final coat
will be satin black.Picture 133.jpg

Welcome to the board, LOTS of good guys here and even more good info. How long will your bed be/is? Are you planning to use a stock T bed?

John

Welcome to the board, LOTS of good guys here and even more good info. How long will your bed be/is? Are you planning to use a stock T bed?

John

Hello john,Thanks for the welcome.The bed that I'm using is a 40" fiberglass reproduction for a 23 t. I've had to modify it to
fit the 27 lakester body that I'm using so it measures a few inches shorter now.

Hello john,Thanks for the welcome.The bed that I'm using is a 40" fiberglass reproduction for a 23 t. I've had to modify it to
fit the 27 lakester body that I'm using so it measures a few inches shorter now.

Welcome to the best bucket forum there is.
Great start...just 4 wheels an engine, body and steering and its finished LOL
G

There's a "27 up here in Minnesota that has a long bed on it. For his gas tank he used one out of an early Falcon. It doubles as the floor in the bed. Pretty cool set up. He ran the filler tube up in the front stake pocket.

Ron

Picture089.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture087.jpg

I am using an s-10 rear.The narrow width makes it a good choice for a small car.The coil over set up looked to me to be
simplest to set up(lol).

Bob

Picture143.jpg

I have a tube axle from speedway.The axle is set up for chevy spindles.One of the disadvantages of not
using ford has been the limited options for steering arms.Has anyone any ideas to adapt flat arms to tie
rod ends instead of heims?

Bob

If I remember right ??? someone used to make special "buttons" I call them, they fit onto your tie rod ends tapered stud, thus making them now a bigger straight stud, not a tapered stud, makes it easy to install and take apart later, without destroying the rubber grease cover... :)

If I remember right ??? someone used to make special "buttons" I call them, they fit onto your tie rod ends tapered stud, thus making them now a bigger straight stud, not a tapered stud, makes it easy to install and take apart later, without destroying the rubber grease cover... :)

Thanks! Sounds like an easy solution. I'll start pounding the ground to find them.

Bob

Speedway has them. They sell them as shock adapters Dwight

Rob2078,
Like your pictures. I'm going the S10 route, buying a complete truck and stripping it for the drive train. I'm doing all the usual stuff in the planning stage. How long is your frame, in parts, if I may ask? I don't have the funds to buy a 1927T body. I'm thinking of buying a 23T Body, stretching it say 10" myself, and adding a Turtle deck on the back(modified of course). I'm thinking maybe 116"+ frame length. This is not my picture, by the way, it's my better half.
Mark

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back