Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

'27 turtledeck builder from Canada

AV8Dave

Hi Everybody!

My name is Dave and I'm in Victoria, British Columbia on the west coast of Canada (just above Washington state). I'm 63 and have been into cars since I was 15. I had a 20 year stint in oval track racing and almost 10 years ago I began the build of a '28 Ford sedan in a "mostly-traditional" hotrod style. The mockup is almost finished. Some time ago, my wife mentioned that she would like a T-bucket, so I got a set of chassis plans, a friend gave her a rebuildable 283, and I had a set of MX-6 seats that didn't pan out on my '28. But recently, a co-woker gave me a tip on a '27 project car that was in one of the local internet "for sale" sites. I checked it out and ended up buying it. A '27 glass body, nice frame, 302 Ford V8 automatic with low miles, two rearends, three frontends, plus a score of other parts for very decent dollars. It all has to be married up which is definitely within my range of skill but I hope to pick up tips from experienced members here for things that will no doubt crop up as the build unfolds. I in return will offer any experience I have that may be of help to other members. Thanks! Regards, Dave.

Welcome to the forum Dave

Greetings and welcome from the sunny hills of Colorado.

I've spent a bunch of time in B.C and absolutely love Vancouver and Victoria. Have you ever been to that bar in Port Hardy that overlooks or is near the harbor? I think we closed that place one night many, many moons ago.

We love pictures and hope you'll start a gallery of your project.

Greetings and welcome from the sunny hills of Colorado.

I've spent a bunch of time in B.C and absolutely love Vancouver and Victoria. Have you ever been to that bar in Port Hardy that overlooks or is near the harbor? I think we closed that place one night many, many moons ago.

We love pictures and hope you'll start a gallery of your project.
Many thanks for the kind welomes guys!

Old Rotor Flap: Can't say that I've tipped any at the Port Hardy pub but yes, Victoria and Vancouver are great places! I've never wanted to move anywhere else.

Yes, I will definitely start a gallery and post some pics!

Regards,
Dave

Welcome to the site Dave. You probably have found the most valuable tool for building your T. This is a terrific bunck of T-bucket lovers. I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here. Your input and experiance will also be of value to others here.

Ron

Aw man!! I thought you built 27 turtle decks, I was wanting to buy one for my car. :shrug2: Welcome to the site.

Welcome Dave :hi: Did anyone tell you we like pics. :face:

Welcome Dave :hi: Did anyone tell you we like pics.:face:

Thanks for the additional welcomes guys! Sorry to disappoint you "Wicked50Coupe" and "quasi"! Actually, the seller still had the mold but said that he figured his buddy had it sold. (Rats!)
Check out my newly-built gallery album all you photo lovers! I'll add update pics as the build starts and progresses.

Regards,
Dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back