Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27T Body Lift

ellis8500

I need to do about a 1" body lift on my Spirit 27T to gain clearance for my rear 4-bar suspension. I have some ideas how to do that but would like to hear from some of the experts out there. I've never built a car before so want to know what works well for this. Can't require welding.

Thanks Guys,

Bill

I need to do about a 1" body lift on my Spirit 27T to gain clearance for my rear 4-bar suspension. I have some ideas how to do that but would like to hear from some of the experts out there. I've never built a car before so want to know what works well for this. Can't require welding.

Thanks Guys,

Bill
I would try putting 1"spacers at all your mounting points.

I would try putting 1"spacers at all your mounting points.

I have the same car..I notched the back of the rocker panels to clear mine..
If you decide to raise the Body, I would put a spacer the full length of the floor
to give it support..

Thanks Guys,

Bill
Put in a 1 in. subfloor?

Not an expert but I used hockey pucks as body mounts.

I've seen them used as body lifts on 4x4s, but i don't have any personal experience with them.

Some 1 x 2 tube on top of the frame rails would do the trick. If that body has a wooden floor, could you do the same thing with some 1 x 2 wood glued to the bottom of the floor? VERY inexpensive

Yep, You'v confirmed that my idea would be OK. Buy a 5/4x6x12 pressure treated board. Saw two pieces to length. Attach to body using stainless screws. Drill body bolt-down holes. Good to go. Cost about $10. The 1" lift also makes for a real nice line between body and 32 grill shell in case I want to put a hood on it some day.

Thanks guys.

I used treated wood on mine as well pained it black, put a strip of rubber on the top and bottom with spray adhesive, just let the body bolts run through it and sandwich it all together. Brad

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back