Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

4 link, Something is wrong with this picture?

Many thanks on the steering box. I thought maybe it was a Corvair box but was not sure. I was told it was a Total Performance frame when purchased in Detroit. I just got finished removing the GM engine mounts to make way for a set of Spirt SBF mounts. I hope they fit ok. only way I know to finf out it try them so they are on the way along with a mock up block. I did get the front spring swapped out tonight, not real sure I am happy with the results though. It pre-loaded the wishbone brackets to the inside of the frame around 1 1/2 tp 2 inches. I got the pivots out as far as I dare take them. I will try to get a photo to post in a day or so of the new spring in place, I think maybe after sone weight is added and the spring expanded a little it may be ok, just have to wait and see. I realy needed a 29 1/2 or 30 but speedway said they didn't have one and that 29 should work ok and that it wasn't uncommon to have to stretch the spring a bit to get it together. I seen steering knuckel at speedway in the garage sale items I think is the right one. I think I will go check it out. Thanks again for the help here.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back