Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

9-5-09 rip

HAceT

Yesterday while getting ready for a weekend long cruise to Littleton NC and then to Danville Va. I noticed my k-9 partner for over 6 years had acted a little different. I noticed that he was showing favor to his left side. When he looked up at me he had his head leaning and he couldn't stand. I then thought that he may of had a stroke. I contacted the Vet and he confirmed it. I had to make the very hard choice to have him put to sleep. I balled like a girl...and it hurts now being home today not having him here. He has been part of my family for more than 10 years and my partner on the streets for over 6. He has saved my live many times and recoverd lots of drugs and guns in his carrer. He found missing children during the winter season who had wondered away with out the proper clothes.

I really miss him alot and I know he is no longer suffering.

I've lost pets over the years but his death is more like lossing a family member...I spent more time with Tango than my own family...because when I was at work he was with me....when I was at home he slept beside my bed.
:cry:

So sorry to hear about Tango! I can't imagine what it would be like to make that decision for a family member as close as he was.

I'm sorry for your loss, We just went through the same thing. It was is very difficult.

I am so sorry for your loss, I know your pain and my prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I can appreciate what your going through, I lost my best buddy a couple of years ago, he died from kidney failure in my arms, and he was my constant companion from when he picked me at the breeders till the day he went to be with the Lord. Since I stay at home alone except for my buddies I know what you mean, it is like losing a child or very close friend, but you did the humane thing by ending his suffering, my prayers are with you, Eddie :sad: :pray:

Wayne D.

I truly understand your feelings over the loss of your friend, pardner and guardian. K-9 dogs are really a special group and the loss is always hard. Not just for you and your family but also for your fellow officers and your community.

I have had to make this same decision on a number of times over the years. Since moving to Arkansas 3 years ago I have buried five here on our property. Every time I have taken one to the vet for his final trip the vet has told me that I could wait in the other room. And every time I have told him that I brought him to this point and I would see him off. They all died in my arms. I could put my friends down easier then that as my friends would understand. No matter what anyone thinks, I truly believe that God has a plan for all his creations and maybe we'll all me up down the road. My thoughs and feelings are with you.

George

I understand how you fill ,lost one of our dogs last week too but she was really old and could barly get around so at least her suffering is over.:sad:

Wayne, I know it hurts. It's been three weeks and a day since I had to put my best friend of 18 years down. I chose to have him cremated and his ashes put in a nice cherry box. It's sitting on the mantel over the fireplace right next to the back door. I give the box a rub and tell him how much I miss him every morning and every day when I come in from work.

It's strange not to hear him snoring at night, not to hear his "I gotta go outside right now!" breathing when I get home from work, or the click of his nails on the floor, etc.

Some people might think we're crazy for missing them so much but they were a part of the family, they were our best friends, and we miss them very much.

Wish there was something more I could say to erase some of the stuff you're going through.

Sorry for your loss Wayne. It was a sad weekend, with the loss of a T-Bucket buddy and now this. I lost my 4 legged friend a few months ago, still have not been able to get another one. Only time heals those wounds.
God bless.
Tex-T

[ame=[media=youtube]qUNJjIwlHk8[/media] - Johnny Carson - Jimmy Stewart - Beau Poem[/ame]

A bit of a tear jerker but worth seeing if you have a special place in your heart for dogs.
From Johnny Carson show, Jimmy Stewart reading a poem he wrote to his dog "Bo".
I found this soon after my Bo died and it's very touching.

T-Odd said:
Wayne, I know it hurts. It's been three weeks and a day since I had to put my best friend of 18 years down. I chose to have him cremated and his ashes put in a nice cherry box. It's sitting on the mantel over the fireplace right next to the back door. I give the box a rub and tell him how much I miss him every morning and every day when I come in from work.

It's strange not to hear him snoring at night, not to hear his "I gotta go outside right now!" breathing when I get home from work, or the click of his nails on the floor, etc.

Some people might think we're crazy for missing them so much but they were a part of the family, they were our best friends, and we miss them very much.

Wish there was something more I could say to erase some of the stuff you're going through.

I had portraits done of my pups that have passed, they both look over us in the living room as we watch tv and play with the new pups. I still look at them and know they are still keeping watch.

The hardest time is at night, you get so used to hearing them move around that the silence is disturbing.

It will eventually get easier but you will never forget.

I'll never forget Mister Marty. One of a kind.

3830488979_23bd311795.jpg

3830488955_56dbd2d1a2.jpg

We should start a PETS thread in honor of our animals, past and present.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back