Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A question for those running zoomies...

Sixshooter

1st post! Yay!

I want to run zoomies on my Bucket(it's just in the beginning stages now) and was wondering how you guys like 'em. I am concerned that during slow cruises, like event cruising where your moving slowly, that I will be breathing alot of exaust fumes because they exit in front of the cockpit.

I'm sure I can baffle them to keep the noise down, though during the "cruisin'" season around here the cops are farily lenient on that kind of stuff.

I plan on driving the wheels off my car, I am no "power-parker". I'll drive this thing daily an clear days, maybe even a few drizzly ones if I get a top! So I don't want to be suckin' fumes and going brain dead.

Thanks- John

ps- For that matter, anyone running regular side pipes have any problems?

I ran side pipes and never had a problem. I'm thinking about lake pipes for my redo, but noise is an issue and so are fumes. I could rubn baffles and that may get things quiet, but the fumes would be of concern.

Hopefully, some of the guys running a similar setup will chime in. If they are watching the Philly V/S Giants game, they should turn it off. The Giants are going to win.:welcome:

tfeverfred said:
I ran side pipes and never had a problem. I'm thinking about lake pipes for my redo, but noise is an issue and so are fumes. I could rubn baffles and that may get things quiet, but the fumes would be of concern.

Hopefully, some of the guys running a similar setup will chime in. If they are watching the Philly V/S Giants game, they should turn it off. The Giants are going to win.:welcome:
Your sic Fred betcha on that one.:razz:

and btw my lake headers came with baffels installed and with or without them made little difference,sounds better now with them out ,a hot rod should sound like a hot rod anyway

I am running them and there not real bad but you will need to baffle them if your going to drive it all the time, My car is a show car and i do drive it but after about 15/20 min. and i am ready to shut it off (no baffles) and 2.5"exit, a little noisy.

Holy Moly, how do you see around those things?! There was a Chevy pickup, I think around a '59 or so, at the car show this past summer with a dual blower setup like that. Freekin' cool! Definetly sets your car apart from the norm.

So whats a good place to look at baffles? I seen an artical online somewhere on how to make them yourself, I'll have to try to find it again.

Thanks guys- John

Nas T said:
I am running them and there not real bad but you will need to baffle them if your going to drive it all the time, My car is a show car and i do drive it but after about 15/20 min. and i am ready to shut it off (no baffles) and 2.5"exit, a little noisy.

hehehe A LITTLE noisy, A LOT noisy... hehehe but that is what it is all about, killum with the sounds of power... Nothing gathers a crowd like watching the sound of power, as I call it.. Love it on someone elses ride... I drive way too much for that pleasure...

Sixshooter said:
1st post! Yay!

I want to run zoomies on my Bucket(it's just in the beginning stages now) and was wondering how you guys like 'em. I am concerned that during slow cruises, like event cruising where your moving slowly, that I will be breathing alot of exaust fumes because they exit in front of the cockpit.

I'm sure I can baffle them to keep the noise down, though during the "cruisin'" season around here the cops are farily lenient on that kind of stuff.

I plan on driving the wheels off my car, I am no "power-parker". I'll drive this thing daily an clear days, maybe even a few drizzly ones if I get a top! So I don't want to be suckin' fumes and going brain dead.

Thanks- John

ps- For that matter, anyone running regular side pipes have any problems?

I had the Sanderson Zoomies with baffles on my T. They are very loud and if you have a top on your T, they're even louder. If you drive it more than a few miles you'll want to wear ear plugs or risk going deaf. They also rob you of low end torque. I took them off in favor of the 20" side pipes.

took my side pipes off and put me some zoomies on and love them ime running a blown 351 cleveland and are police approved until i get on it and the cops look hard.i do run it kinda hard

Sixshooter said:
Holy Moly, how do you see around those things?! There was a Chevy pickup, I think around a '59 or so, at the car show this past summer with a dual blower setup like that. Freekin' cool! Definetly sets your car apart from the norm.

So whats a good place to look at baffles? I seen an artical online somewhere on how to make them yourself, I'll have to try to find it again.

Thanks guys- John

You can see pretty good, my oldest son (cop) says dad its ok if your out in front you don't have to worry, as far as baffles a lot of guys are using the VW baffles that are in the old VW's it does quite them down

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back