Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A stupid question.....

dilbert123

I've been thinking about building a T Bucket for years and am formulating a plan in my head for what style I want it to follow. I've been reading Speedway's manual and they mentioned with their fiberglass grill shell you have to bevel the bottom of the tabs to create a recess to fit over the radiator tabs. My question is what do you do if you get a steel or chrome shell?? Does that have the bevel built in, or do you have to bevel the metal shell as well?? Or do you just fit the shell right over the radiator tabs with those???

My cutting and beveling skills are nearly non existent so I was hoping to avoid doing that (I need to take and Industial Arts class again...LOL :laugh:) ...

Depending on the answer, I may go with a brass radiator with a shroud and fan combo. Not cheap, but I think you just drill the mounting holes, bolt it on and are done....much more my speed :thumbsup: A brass radiator could change such ideas as windshield frame, head light and taillight selection, etc. so figuring out which way to go now is actually important in planning out the project.

I currently have a '67 Chevelle that is sucking in my $ like 2 neutron stars circling each other...but I'm pretty sure I'll start on a bucket project someday :cool:

CCR (California Custom Roadsters)has nice chrome and plain steel rad. shells... give them a call!! What rad. are you using?

I tried planning the whole project, but so far everything has change from " the plan". You will change your mind an infinite number of times. Good luck.

My plan has changed many times. I am watching my expenditures and have got alot of parts at a very substantial savings. I have all my parts to contruct a rolling chassis (with the addition of a bracket kit). Take your time and your design will come together. Also, don't ever feel your asking a dumb question, we all feel that way about a subject that is fresh and new to us!

I agree. The only stupid question is one not asked. I ask questions and some one is sure to answer. Hopefully several people will respond and you will be able to combine the responses and make an educated decision for your self. We all gain knowledge with every question you ask that's answered.:sneaky:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back