Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

all my pics so far (of my T)

Q-4000

here it is my 26 T RAT

http://www.3benoits.com/andy/cars/26/index.htm

I moved the pics here to make it easy to update!!
rat.JPG

26%20002.JPG
26%20003.JPG
26%20004.JPG
26%20005.JPG
26%20006.JPG
26%20007.JPG
26%20013.JPG

What are your plans for it?

Ron

I saw the INDEPENDENT sticker and then checked out all the boards - NICE collection ya have there!

Spring shackles for the rear spring?

Keep the pics coming.

Looks like you're in for some serious FUN!!! :D

Some rear shackles for that spring is without question, and you should start thinking about what kind of brakes you're going to run up front. You have lots of options.

This forum is full of the smartest people you will ever find, so ask away! I do. ;)

Oh, and Welcome!

David

You are one lucky Dude!!! 100 mph? Ya got nads! I'll give you that. How long have you been around rods?

Ron

Youngster said:
You are one lucky Dude!!! 100 mph? Ya got nads! I'll give you that. How long have you been around rods?

Ron
thanks! yea it was kinda scary up there especially looking at a GPS to check speed! this is my first REAL rod! I had a 2002 Chrysler Prowler i did some work on ive built a few Jeeps done some work on my 05 Mini. this thing is much simpler than my Jeeps were!

So...did the Chrysler, The jeeps and the Mini have brakes on all 4 wheels?

Ron

Youngster said:
So...did the Chrysler, The jeeps and the Mini have brakes on all 4 wheels?

Ron
the chrysler and mini did the the 2 TJ's I had the brakes were so-so at best (one was on 35s the other 38's with stock brakes) the CJ on 42's with drums all around didnt stop worth a $#!+ the worst (besides the CJ) was a H1 I had for a bit never did get the brakes right on that thing they would just jitter back and forth with a loud poping sound! I have seen lots of t's with only rear brakes.

I think what he is getting at is, 4 brakes are safer than 2-no matter how cool you think it looks.
We are very much in favor of saftey here.

Todd said:
I think what he is getting at is, 4 brakes are safer than 2-no matter how cool you think it looks.
We are very much in favor of saftey here.

I hear ya! not 100% on the no front brakes! i have a VERY tight budget and the car is used mostly to go to the store to buy beer (well for now) ill probly get into a club soon but with a 15mo old and 1 on the way AND being the only one working my time is kinda tight!! i kinda like the look of the 33" in the rear but i know it will take some work fitting them and i was thinking of maby doing the wire wheels up front. the car is very well build and as i have said can do over 100mph with no problems so i dont want to mess with the suspension too much but...... we will see....

I have probably been in that skate shop at one point in time...

A very good friend owns Cheapskates here in Memphis. I've been hanging out there since the late 80s.

Had a lot of stuff but now down to a Powell pool board and a Madrid Longboard.

T-Odd said:
I have probably been in that skate shop at one point in time...

A very good friend owns Cheapskates here in Memphis. I've been hanging out there since the late 80s.

Had a lot of stuff but now down to a Powell pool board and a Madrid Longboard.
cool!! The shop was called NC-17 we were not a typical skate shop more of a head shop/skate shop we had 2 store both with 3.5' mini ramps in them! I have a Lucero Madrid repo signed by John as well as a couple of early 80's Alva decks a medallion Tony Hawk deck and a few black label's left as well as the few remaining NC-17 shop decks we have been having a good few years with public parks being build around here!!! wish i had the time to skate more that i have been! my current setup is a Black Label PP 7.5" deck with Ruckus trucks and flip core max side cuts witht powell ceramic barings!!! and YES the ceramic barings ROCK!!! if you know anyone intresed in a ramp I build half pipes on the side!!! can do anything from 2' up to 11.5' (biggest so far!) im thinking of putting a old school ratbones on the side of the T! (insted of the #2 thats on there now)

Your front axle appears to be a Total piece with Chevy spindles. I might know of a '53 Chevy that would give up it's front brakes. I also have a set of new shoes I'll through on the pile. Interested? With a 15 month old and another one on the way, you need to spend more time in the garage anyway!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back