Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another one...

Tbucit

Well I went to support another group (cub scouts) by atending a car show. What was a little odd was the tremendous amount of people that looked, talked, took pictures, and looked at my build book. It kinda made me feel good about the car, lots of kids. It was also true that it was the only T there at the show of over 75 cars.

Now this is what made me think that as a whole, T Buckets get very little if any repect. The show started at 10:00 in the AM, I was there early because of where I had to park (see picture). By 10:15 I noticed a small yellow post-it note on my headlite (see second picture). I figured that it was a way to insure registration but found out later these were put on the cars that needed no further consideration for the awards. And this was 15 min after the start of the show and before more than half the cars had even gotten there.

I didn't go there for any awards and I had a great time, met several new people, got a great lead on an Angilia, had several friends drop by to visit, just a good day out. And mostly didn't have any complaints with the cars that did get awards even if a 70 Nova got Best Hot Rod when there was a great 41 Willys with a blown BBC.

Anyway just doesn't seem right to be ignored right off the bat because, as I later found "it is just a kit car". So is the life of a T Bucket builder lol.
Randall

Looking good I thought:razz:
DSCF0344.jpg

Beware the post-it:eek:
headlitetag.jpg

Do you have any close up pics of your interior?

How are you holding the seat back in?Do you have any pics with the back not installed but finished?

There is no account for judges with no taste. Seems to me a "kit car" is harder to build than a Nova. You have a slick ride. I'm comming to Summit to meet you if that is O.K.

Tbucit

I didn't go there for any awards and I had a great time, met several new people, got a great lead on an Angilia, had several friends drop by to visit, just a good day out.

Randall,

Next one you go to you should get you a small clip on sign that says , "I'm not here for a cheap trophy so please don't waste your time. Thanks, a paid entry."

That about I feel about judges at car shows. Go have fun!

George

Tbucit said:
Anyway just doesn't seem right to be ignored right off the bat because, as I later found "it is just a kit car". So is the life of a T Bucket builder lol.
Randall

Looking good I thought.

Randall your car looks great. :cool:

Mine was called a Death Trap at a run, because I have drum brakes on the front. Never mind that the '54 Chevy weighed three times as much as a bucket.

Thanks guys, I get feeling that we may be a bit prejudiced here on this fourm:D, more that anything I find it more a lack of imagnation than anything else.

Bruce, alot of people have call T's "death traps" for various reasons none with any real merit:rolleyes:

George, If I can have as good a time anywhere as I did this week end it wouldn't make any difference if I got passed by everytime.

ORF, Summit starts next Monday (4 May). I plan on being there pretty early as I will take the trailer this time to show the guys what the finished car looks like.

Al, maybe maybe not don't really have a place in the T to carry them home:D

Again the kind words are always welcome

Randal

Randall, i just have to add my 2 cents here. you have built an outstanding example of a T bucket. rest assured you have our admiration and respect for talents. for the unwashed public it's a mater of education. the t bucket is basicly a bare bones car. it's simplicity leaves it to be a red headed stepchild in the world of hot rods. the best judges of your very fine car are your peers.

just as a foot note, i have several trophies here somewhere too. i could care less about them. when i had my last T i would pass on a big show to go to any event that would bennifit groups like the scouts or the elderly. my trophies where the looks my car got from the kids and the 80 something year olds that had stories about the one they should have kept ... priceless!!!

don't give up randall ... my hat's off to you sir!!!!!

Ron

I attended a show this weekend. It was one of those little parking lot shows one of the resturants sponsored. I had a blast talking with people about the car, answering questions about the frame, body engine mods etc. Putting kids in the car so their parents can take pictures of them behind the wheel. That's why I go, for the people. Winning First place in the TbucketRoadster Class was just a bonus.

Randel
Your T is NNNEEEEEETOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D:D
As for the unwashed who dont know a kit from a kaboodle
"You can't fix stooopid"

I see nothing that would preclude judging the car in it's own right. What kit car? When all is said and done, after you blow them up for painting, every car is a kit car.

John

P.S. I especially like the turtle deck.

I went to a show where a guy won best in show for a 09 mustang fresh from the showroom floor and another show where club president had 2 cars entered and won first and second and with the quality of cars there he shouldn;t have won anything and then again I have won awards I didn't think i should have so I guess its always a crap shoot ,the best 'award is always the people's comments and the ones that take pictures standing beside it and the old lady that pulls up beside you at a 7/11 and says wow what a cute car,just my 2 cents worth

the only ones i treasure are the peoples choice.....

Ron

I love when only the car club members win. I take my 4 door 61 Studebaker that smokes a little and the judges don't even turn their heads in the general direction. I know it's junk, but the kids love it. I got the 4 door to put car seats in so my family can enjoy it. I let kids climb in it, adults have no idea what Studebaker is, and I don't have to worry about door dings.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back