Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Any help or Pictures of Manual Trans setups?

baddawgcustoms

I pulled my 307 with Saginaw 3 speed out of my 72 chevy C10 to make room for my son's 396 and TH400, and since the eng/trans only has 34,000 original miles on it and runs fabulous, I'm using it in my T. I'm using RPM's stretch body, so I should have a little more pedal room than a stock body, and the 3 speed is a little more narrow than the auto. I AM considering building the trans hump using the auto trans to mock it up, and putting the manual in as well just to make sure the tunnel will fit both, just in case I decide to change later.

With that said, the advice needed is for the easiest way to put 3 pedals in place using the least room possible. What I have in mind is using hanging pedal assembly instead of through the floor, and using a slave cylinder. I'm posting a pic of a pedal assembly from speedway, and I'm sure with the extra 10" in the cowl from the RPM stretch body, I should have room for master/slave setup under the dash.

Any thoughts/picture of this or other ideas? Especially if someone has a shifter for my saginaw on the cheap..... that would be a tremendous help as well!!! :thumbsup:

thanks,

Attachments

• 91631992_L_194dfa1b.jpg
    91631992_L_194dfa1b.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 35
Why re-invent the wheel? Use a old style VW Pedal assemble, flip it upside down and hook things up as you want, Its been set up for a clutch cable to make things easy. Easily converted to hydraulic clutch setup, just add clevis, rod and cylinder. Mounting is easy....
You should be able to purchase one on the old Hurst Indy 3-speed shifters that they used to sell at Western Auto for about 50 Bucks.... from a salvage yard or from a swap meet....and modify to your taste. Theres alot of inexpensive 3 speed shifters avail....
Speedway stuff is cool....

If your worried about looks on the firewall or room under your dash for the cylinders, I just fab up another mounting bracket with 2 bellcranks so I can mount the cylinders 90 degrees from the pedals....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back