Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Any Photo's of the Lokar e-brake in a TP bucket?

INVU2

Hello everyone,

I picked up a used Lokar parking brake handle. I have a TP bucket with the triangle cut-out on the floor for the emergency brake. I am looking for ideas on making a bracket to mount the assembly to the floor. Does the handle go mostly on top of the floor OR mostly under the floor. Any photo's?

Thanks
-E

Which kind of E Brake handle do you have
Lokar makes a floor mount and a transmission mounted Brake handle
The floor mount is all above the floor
The transmission mount os flush with the floor

It's a floor mount style. It came with 4-L shaped brackets that connect to the bottom of the e-brake. With the hand brake mounted on top of the floor: makes the brake cable connection right in about the middle of the wood floor. The triangle cut-out would have to be altered. With the hand brake set down in the floor: The l brackets mounted to the bottom of the floor gives good clearance to the brake cable BUT the handle is right on the floor in the off position. Their is no room if I put in carpet. It's too low. I might need to make a different bracket for the brake assembly that sets in down a little in the floor just not as much if it was mounted under the floor. I was hoping to see how others dealt with this issue. I will probably need to also cut the triangle opening bigger. I could be overlooking something very simple.

Heres a couple pictures of mine:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

It does sit low and rests on the carpet but as you can see you can fit carpet and padding under it.

I should of noted that it isn't a TP car but the TP car I had previously had it mounted the same way. Not familiar with the triangle cutout you mentioned.

Never mind. I just looked at an old TP catalog and saw the cutout. I never thought of it as triangle shaped but is a slot with somewhat of a triangle shape. My TP car was hacked up by the previous owner and the slot no longer looked like that!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back