Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

any pictures of offset reversed corvairs?

adam

In my roadster which is channeled .I have a tri reverse pedal mounts.which are pretty close to the floor already.. I have a reversed corvair and a 15 inch output extension shaft from ron motorsports so I can get the pitman arm to the side of the cowl( sprint car steering.) Problem is I cannot put the box anywhere infront of the steering wheel and almost have to put it just to the left of the transmission.. I have seen a lot of ingenius setups on this site and was wondering how I could snake my steering shaft to the right to catch my box about 8 inches to the right?? Any pics or ideas?

There are offset couplers available. One, the Steer Clear, uses an enclosed chain. Another, sold by Posies Rod and Custom, uses an internal geartrain. Neither one is a cheap solution.

I didn't see a name. It's on their website under "new products," but "new" in this case apparently means they started selling them about two years ago.

Could you post a picture of what you have?

Ron

I just took the body off so I could reinforce the firewall..ass son as it back on I will post a picture..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back