Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ASkiles's Low '23 Build

This looks great Mate. I posted a little while back about the lack of foot room at the mock up stage with a taller transmission. How are you looking with the AOD trans?
I assume this is a standard length body.
Cheers
Tony

The foot room will be at a minimum for sure! It is just a standard length body.

-Andy

So a little update...

Things are coming along. Got the radiator and all shocks mounted. Front suspension is done, rear suspension is done. I am fabbing up an aluminum gas tank as we speak, as well as aluminum windshield brackets that will mimic the NEHR Speedcraft windshield with polycarbonate shield. Anyways...on with some pics!

-Andy

gallery_5410_250_34161.jpg

gallery_5410_250_2154.jpg

gallery_5410_250_55374.jpg

gallery_5410_250_50286.jpg

gallery_5410_250_52728.jpg

gallery_5410_250_48714.jpg

Ah! Now they are working! They were not at first. Yep, only a few things before the beast is ready for some paint. Gotta fab up the headlight mounts, get the gas tank done, modify the body to go over the driveshaft, and then on to fabricating a tunnel for it. Then it should be good and ready for some paint/powdercoating.

-Andy

Looks great just a couple questions how far into trans is your drive shaft it doesn't look like it is in very far? Also how much ground clearance under master cylinder are you going to have?
Just looking out for possible problems is all.

Looks great just a couple questions how far into trans is your drive shaft it doesn't look like it is in very far? Also how much ground clearance under master cylinder are you going to have?

I am not sure exactly how far in it is, but it is plenty. It is a very long yoke. I would say at least half of the yoke is in or more. The bottom of the master cylinder is up above the frame rail, so it will not be hanging down at all. It will be into the driver's space slightly.

-Andy

When Andy and I discussed this frame, we went with nothing lower than the frame rails. The engine a trans were set up on the jig 1" off the bottom of the frame, So the frame will drag before anything else gets hit.

When Andy and I discussed this frame, we went with nothing lower than the frame rails. The engine a trans were set up on the jig 1" off the bottom of the frame, So the frame will drag before anything else gets hit.
My eyes must be old it just looked low in the third pic where you can see the master mount.

How tall are the frame uprights behind the bucket? I want a similar ride height, but I was gonna build my frame with a "Z" in the front to get my bucket that low.

Hmmmm, photos are not working for me.

Looks like a lot of pictures were lost when the forum software got switched. My guess they were hosted in the galley and not on photo bucket.

If I remember right the frame was kicked up 16"

Yeah, I believe it was about 16". Yes, photos were hosted in the gallery, not a hosting site. Oh well. I still have them all. LOL

-Andy

Would love if you could re-post the photo's. I am aiming for a real low slung frame like yours with my next build, so would like to be able to see what is going on with your build.

In case you didn't guess, I can't see your photo's either. :laugh:

A little update!!!! The car is coming together!! Paint is flying, and parts are being assembled for the last time. The color...metallic blue with a matte clear. It should be a bit different. Now on to wiring and body work to finish it up...

1922200_664656023599267_522832857_n.jpg 1958010_664656216932581_1633385915_n.jpg
1902843_664655923599277_1008139138_n.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back