Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Auto trans lockout switch.

Never come across a production car that didn't have the safety Sw on Park AND Neutral, I was under the impression it was mandatory to have the Sw operate in both positions. All the modern cars I've had anything to do with have an extra Sw on the brake pedal as well now.
I remember my Brother once had a 36 Ford with a 327 Chev in it and it stalled at the lights one day. He just reached down and restarted it and it shot across the intersection on the red light!! He fitted the neutral safety Sw after that.
Regards,

My roommate in college had a '57 Plymouth (push button automatic) that would start in any gear.

Mine is set up to start in park only , I may make it to start in park or neutral . If it would die going down the road in traffic , I could start it in neutral on the move .Never has died in traffic . I bought my neutral switch , & used the bracket with one ear ,it came with 2 ear brackets ,two ear bracket for park & neutral [one ear for park only ] it wouldn't take long to change it. Just to try it . I love having a safety start switch.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back