Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Axles ?

chopper tom

Any one running any axles other than aftermarket ?[chevy ,ford, dodge???] Would like to see pics of dual leaf axles that was used under T's? Or any home remidies ,looking for ideas .

I don't know if this helps, but I am running a narrowed Dana 60 in mine. Pretty inexpensive way to go for a bullet proof axle. I got it off ebay for $60.00 it was out of a 3/4 ton Dodge van and had 4:10 gears in it. Bought a posi for $80.00 and Moser axles for $400.00. I shortened it my self and pout Pontaic ends on it from Moroso. So for less than $600.00 I built this rear end that is bullet proof.

Thanks rpm ,but i ment the front axles .
I should have paid more attention to what i was asking for ?
I just love to see homemade stuff and ideas!

RPM said:
I don't know if this helps, but I am running a narrowed Dana 60 in mine. Pretty inexpensive way to go for a bullet proof axle. I got it off ebay for $60.00 it was out of a 3/4 ton Dodge van and had 4:10 gears in it. Bought a posi for $80.00 and Moser axles for $400.00. I shortened it my self and pout Pontaic ends on it from Moroso. So for less than $600.00 I built this rear end that is bullet proof.
Hey I got to ask how that T handles with the posi ?I just got done posting that Mickey Lauria told me NOT to run a posi in a T because they are too light and will handle badly with one !

I am putting a stock 3.42 Chevelle rear end in my t with an iron duke, all pepped up a vega stall converter and a th 350. It all should hold up very well and be a good combination

Leon renaud said:
Hey I got to ask how that T handles with the posi ?I just got done posting that Mickey Lauria told me NOT to run a posi in a T because they are too light and will handle badly with one !

It handles just fine. It has been way past 100 with no problems.
P1010010.jpg

If you're not used to driving a high powered car with a limited slip differential, it probably is a better idea to start out with an open differential.

Edit to add: The back end will come around on you real quick if you're not paying attention! :eek:

Edit again to add: On the Ford 9" open rear axles, watch those left turns as it will come around on you as if it were a limited slip differential. Dang near wrapped my Nova around a light pole one time finding that out! :eek::eek::eek:

Yep, on a light, short wheelbase car, a posi can tend to want to go straight ahead on turns. Mine is a non posi, but when I get on it both tires leave black streaks anyway. :lol::lol:

Don

donsrods said:
Yep, on a light, short wheelbase car, a posi can tend to want to go straight ahead on turns. Mine is a non posi, but when I get on it both tires leave black streaks anyway. :funmeter2::lol:

Don
Yeah, i can do that with some of my lowerd trucks with out posi's in them,i dont understand why they do it but its cool with me !

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back