Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bad body placement

putz

Bad body placement I think the 8 inch gap between firewall and distributor just doesn't look right.

Ebay link

Bad body placement I think the 8 inch gap between firewall and distributor just doesn't look right.

Ebay link

I don't mind it that much. But the "streetrod" logo on the radiator makes me cringe, and I'm not too crazy about the all-too-obvious Molly Hatchet reference either. Other than those two details, I like the look--it's simple and clean in a way that I find appealing.

Of course, I haven't built one and don't even own one, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

I agree! Other that that, it seems to be a pretty nice car.

Jim

That body placement DOES make the tunnel smaller I suppose, but it looks funny to me...

Bad body placement to me is when you first climb in to the bucket and try to sit down and you get poked with the shifter. Got to work on getting my body placed in the bucket without hurting myself. In the meantime I'm going to stay guilty of bad body placement.

That body placement DOES make the tunnel smaller I suppose, but it looks funny to me...

Bad body placement to me is when you first climb in to the bucket and try to sit down and you get poked with the shifter. Got to work on getting my body placed in the bucket without hurting myself. In the meantime I'm going to stay guilty of bad body placement.

Shifters can be moved to accomodate but if the car does not "profile" correctly, then you have a problem. IMHO

Jim

That body looks correct in relation to the rear wheels. I'd say the frame is too long.

I suspect a standard body on a frame made for a streched body. Too bad the motor wasn't moved back about 5" or so. Other than that it's a nice looking car.

Ron

I suspect a standard body on a frame made for a streched body. Too bad the motor wasn't moved back about 5" or so. Other than that it's a nice looking car.

Ron
With the vin number being(T747399123 )and the interior plus the friction shocks plus that front end leads me to believe it's a Total performance car and to my knowledge they never had a streched fame for sale.Not to say you couldn't order one though from them.

It's got lots of good points.... not 14.5 and reserve not met good IMHO, but good points. it appears the whole bellhousing is in front of the firewall and not filling the tunnel at all.... interesting.

Russ

BTW Putz. what are you doing looking at buckets on E-bay?? are things looking up for you already? that would be good.

Not quite yet just dreaming watching prices still pretty low.

With the vin number being(T747399123 )and the interior plus the friction shocks plus that front end leads me to believe it's a Total performance car and to my knowledge they never had a streched fame for sale.Not to say you couldn't order one though from them.
Ricks right. It's a Total performance car. If I remember right, on there cars there was a gap between the front crossmember and the radiator.By what I can tell in the picture, someone moved the radiator all the way forward then moved the engine forward. Leaving the gap between the engine and the firewall.

I think the reason they made that frame that long was, so that any combo of engine/trans, blown or?? would/could be made to fit... A Big block, blown Chevy engine takes up around 8 to 10 inches more room than a few smaller engines... and you are right, that extra room, looks a bit better left in front of the radiator... IMHO :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back