Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bad sad news

Ron, what is Mike's full name and how do I reach his Face Book site (?). So sad.

John Duffy
Here is a link to Mike's Facebook page. I have been in touch with his son Billy. Billy is supposed to let me know of arrangements when he gets them made. I can then post them on here for everyone to see.

Mike Ermel | Facebook

his son's page Facebook

I feel like a big dummy, I miss-understood the original post, not thinking about "our Mike" being the person who was being discussed. My thoughts are with Mikes family and his many friends.
Lee

Like many others I was a recipient of his tech savvy. I have never owned a T. My son has a 32, I have a 58 Apache and just bought a 29 A model truck. All of this to say I do not own a T but this is my favorite forum. Maybe it is because owners actually build most of the cars. Sad for Mike's family. He will be missed by many.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mikes passing, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I just got off the phone with Mike's son, here is what I found out. Mike died from a aneurysm of his aorta, in his sleep. So he did not know he had any problem and did not suffer any.

No one can get into any of the web sites that the son knows of. We all know how secure Mike was about everything. So this site and all of his others will go down very soon.

When will this site go down, I don't know. If Mike had it running on his computer as the server, it will be when they pull the plug to get his things out of the apartment. Which could be any day now. Also might depend on how far in advance the bills are paid, if it is on another server. No one knows.

Hated to lose Mike. Hate to lose his site. Even through frustrations, I felt like it was his baby.
Hopefully we can stay connected and remember Mike's dedication to getting it right.

Reactions: RPM
It's too bad. I really liked reading his posts. A real smart guy who knew how to do things right. He will be missed.

Truly sad news. Although I never had met him in person we probably crossed paths in the late 70s in the comp eliminator wars of NHRA. He pulled so many teams, cars and drivers up that I had totally forgotten about. He had the memory of an elephant when it came to drag racing. This is the only forum that I am a member and that's in part to Mike making me feel welcome. He will be greatly missed by all. Maybe now he will get to build his T-Bucket. Drive On Mike! You were a friend to all. God Speed.

George

Mike and I had several conversations about our Fraternity.
Although we never sat in Lodge together, we shared a bond because of our Obligation to all other brothers.
I wish I could attend his Masonic Service but unfortunately it will not be possible.
"That which we call death is only transition. All that is good and true and just

Unfortunately, Mike isn't here to debug my cellphone...

Mike and I had several conversations about our Fraternity.
Although we never sat in Lodge together, we shared a bond because of our Obligation to all other brothers.
I wish I could attend his Masonic Service but unfortunately it will not be possible.
"That which we call death is only transition. All that is good and true and just in human life lives on eternally. Our paths do not lead to, but through the grave."
"Then shall the dust return to the Earth as it was; and the spirit shall return to G-d who gave it."

P.M. GTM 32°K.C.C.H.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back