Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body stretch

WMG

I am looking at stretching the T boby by 4 - 6" this winter at 6'3"/260 can use the extra leg room. I did some fiberglassing in an industrial setting 30 years ago, water pipes and drip areas of a mine, and was wondering if the methods are much different for this project. Another question I have what is the best source for the resin and glass needed? Is there a particular type that should be used?

I take it this is what you are looking to do. I did it the biggest thing is cut it behind the door outline on the body.I posted a whole subject on my stretch but can't find it this morning.
before
tbucket003.jpg

during
tbucket001-2.jpg

tbucket2009.jpg

After just before I sold it :((wifes business)
tbucketsale004.jpg

Putz. Thanks for the pics. Looks like exactly what I want to do. Does open a whole new can of worms with the frame, moving the rear hair pin mounts, the drive shaft, wiring, fuel lines, brake lines and on and on. Maybe should just give my head a shake and coninue as I have, It is a riot to run as is, maybe just a door to get in and out easier, old bones, you know.

Didn't have to stretch frame just added to rear of frame. This was for box and gas tank support.

How did you accomodate the additional length needed between tehengine and the frame kick up?

How did you accomodate the additional length needed between tehengine and the frame kick up?
He didn't. Moved the body back over the kickup (kickup was under the seat, then added length to the rear of the frame only, I believe.

He didn't. Moved the body back over the kickup (kickup was under the seat, then added length to the rear of the frame only, I believe.
Still confused. When I look at the before and after picture it looks like the back of the body has the same relationship to teh rear tire. If he moved the seat over the kickup I would think that he would be sitting right over the rear axle.

If you look at the first pic the back of the body is even with the front of rim after it was back just a little.
Here is a pic of inside after so you can see what I did.

bodystretch003.jpg

Here is another for direct comparison to before pic

bodystretch002.jpg

If you look at the first pic the back of the body is even with the front of rim after it was back just a little.
Here is a pic of inside after so you can see what I did.

bodystretch003.jpg

Here is another for direct comparison to before pic

bodystretch002.jpg
If you look at the kickup on the frame, you can see where the mark of the old body line came across the kickup, looks like you gained 4-5" to me

I gained 4 inches where room goes in a bucket that is a ton for leg room.

Now I see it with a slightly different angle I see what you did. makes sence now and may be just the alternative I need. Thanks a whole bunch.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back