Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

brake help needed

Tman 1957

Ok so heres the deal, i recently bought a bucket it is a 31 chevy with a 58 corvette 283 engine lots of different parts on this thing front end etc. So here is the problem my brake pedal is rock hard maybe a 1/2 to a inch of travel oh yea they are manual brakes no boost. I checked wheel cylinders and with a little help they are now working. bleed everything fluid was nasty all good now, yet still have rock hard pedal, please tell me somone out there has a suggestion to fix this problem ???

Did you flush the complete system? Any moisture come out? Disc/Drum? Master cylinder located on firewall or floor (above or below bleed height)? Any pictures would help.

Did you flush the complete system? Any moisture come out? Disc/Drum? Master cylinder located on firewall or floor (above or below bleed height)? Any pictures would help.
Yes lots of moisture, flushed completly drums all the way around has little or no stopping at all. master on firewall could it be a bad master cyl ??

Rust in the master cylinder and/or wheel cylinders could probably be the problem. I personally would replace them for safety reasons.

Rust in the master cylinder and/or wheel cylinders could probably be the problem. I personally would replace them for safety reasons.
master is above bleeders, master looks fairly new but when you pump brakes to bleed you can hear air in master like it is leaking through cap ??

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back