Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake pedal/master rethink

It's easier to work with as far as bending and flairing and reported to be more corrosion resistant. It's more expensive.

If it's easier to bend and flare, I'll be checking it out. Sounds like it's worth the cost.

If it's easier to bend and flare, I'll be checking it out. Sounds like it's worth the cost.
My friend uses it. I haven't tried it yet, I always buy line in bulk, so once it's used up, I am going to try it. He said it double flairs real nice. If you don't have a good flair tool, I found one that is similar to a pair of vice grips and has the various sizes built in. It's the easiest one I've ever used, one piece, you can use it on the car, even in tight spaces. I got it from JC Whitney, not a name brand and have seen similar ones on Amazon. I will see if I can find a link or snap a pic of mine. It was cheap, and works great!

My friend uses it. I haven't tried it yet, I always buy line in bulk, so once it's used up, I am going to try it. He said it double flairs real nice. If you don't have a good flair tool, I found one that is similar to a pair of vice grips and has the various sizes built in. It's the easiest one I've ever used, one piece, you can use it on the car, even in tight spaces. I got it from JC Whitney, not a name brand and have seen similar ones on Amazon. I will see if I can find a link or snap a pic of mine. It was cheap, and works great!
I found a similar one on line from Home Depot, it's not exactly like mine, but same idea. It's a General Tools model 152. Check it out. I love mine.

I looked into it and I'm sold.:D After reading about all I can say is, "About time."

I want to use the Cunifer because it is so easy to work with...and if it's good enough for the likes of Volvo, Audi, and Aston Martin; it's good enough for me. I saw a video where they took a length of it and tied it into a pretzel knot, then untied it and straightened it out with no kinks. That sold me.

I want to use the Cunifer because it is so easy to work with...and if it's good enough for the likes of Volvo, Audi, and Aston Martin; it's good enough for me. I saw a video where they took a length of it and tied it into a pretzel knot, then untied it and straightened it out with no kinks. That sold me.
I saw that too. I have so many tools I've bought and even made to bend, straiten tubing. That stuff is killer. My friend replaced all of the abs lines under his truck and said it works good, bends easy, and doesn't kink like traditional steel line.

I just finished replacing my all my brake lines and hoses. I used nickle-copper tubing and AN fittings throughout. The tubing is the same as the Cunifer brand and is available from many sources of different brands. The information I found indicates this type of tubing meets all applicable requirements for DOT. This was the first time I have installed brake lines, so I don't have experience with other types of tubing. The nickle-copper line is very easy to bend by hand and can be bent in a tight radius without kinking. It is softer than steel and was very easy to flare. I had one very small leak at a fitting that was quickly resolved by tightening it. I installed braided DOT compliant lines at the front wheels and to the rear end. Considering my total lack of experience, I am very pleased with the results and glad I used the nickle-copper lines. It looks like copper tubing, which shouldn't be used for brake lines and I expect some people who see it on the car will assume I was foolish enough to use regular copper.

I just finished replacing my all my brake lines and hoses. I used nickle-copper tubing and AN fittings throughout. The tubing is the same as the Cunifer brand and is available from many sources of different brands. The information I found indicates this type of tubing meets all applicable requirements for DOT. This was the first time I have installed brake lines, so I don't have experience with other types of tubing. The nickle-copper line is very easy to bend by hand and can be bent in a tight radius without kinking. It is softer than steel and was very easy to flare. I had one very small leak at a fitting that was quickly resolved by tightening it. I installed braided DOT compliant lines at the front wheels and to the rear end. Considering my total lack of experience, I am very pleased with the results and glad I used the nickle-copper lines. It looks like copper tubing, which shouldn't be used for brake lines and I expect some people who see it on the car will assume I was foolish enough to use regular copper.

You did good for an OLD GUY!! Hope to see you in INDY

Fedhill has a very comprehensive assortment or parts and a lot of technical information on nickle-copper lines. According to them, their line is the best because of its wall thickness. I read everything on their site when getting ready to install the lines. They don't have AN fittings, so I got the fittings and other related parts from Sunnit, Jeg's, and Speedway. I bought the line on Amazon, which I use whenever possible if they have the best price and I can get two-day delivery on most items because we are members or Amazon Prime. It is not the Cunifer brand.

Bruce, thanks for the attaboy. I have been feeling pretty OLD for the last several weeks because of long days of thrashing on the bucket because we are determined to make it to Indy. Look forward to seeing you and others there if I can get the car ready in time..

Bruce, thanks for the attaboy. I have been feeling pretty OLD for the last several weeks because of long days of thrashing on the bucket because we are determined to make it to Indy. Look forward to seeing you and others there if I can get the car ready in time..[/QUOTE]

Come anyways and we will help out if need be. A DONK is calling you and Ron!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back