Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

brake light switch ??

iajjpop

On my ''t'' the brake light switch is down on the floor, held by a right angle piece of steel with a round switch thru the piece of steel ,button being pushed in so there is no light,when you step on the brake, the button come out of the switch and the brake lights come on. I 'am working on another project and unable to find this kind of switch ??? Don't know where I got this switch.There is a lot of switchs that work just the opposite.

I have a similar setup. I replaced my switch by going to Advance Auto Parts with the old switch and the gentleman there new what type replaced it. He looked through a few boxes, but quickly found a replacement. He couldn't tell me exactly what it was designed for, but I didn't really care. They are used to me stopping by and asking for this or that and they know I can't tell them the type of vehicle. Hope you have a good parts guy. Good luck.

Replace the switch you already have with a VW pressure type brake light switch that just "T"s into the system. Everybody carrys those

Go to any autoparts website and type in brake light switch, there will be several shown and you should be able to pick one that works the same as toyrs

which one is it ??..................
brake-light-switch.jpg

91031306_R.jpg

This one is the pressure switch they are referring too................
91031305_R.jpg

If it is then i just so happen to have one in front of me for the part number !

Anyone should be ale to cross reference it. I got it from Oreillys the other day......... BWD brand and the Pt# is S237

Attachments

• 578351_650518624976895_11523546_n.jpg
    578351_650518624976895_11523546_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 27
I forgot to say earlier, Ron Francis has one like it BUT its waterproof which is a good thing that one is $35.00 which is the one i bought.

prd_lg_2614.jpg

I have the Ron Francis switch on both of my cars. I have used those cheap off brand switches and had a lot of failures but the Ron Francis ones have performed flawlessly for years. As they say, "you get what you pay for".

Jim

Your sure right about that Jim, I put one from the auto parts on my car a couple months ago and it is already acting funny.

After starting with a pressure switch which failed in the first year, I switched (no pun) to this switch...

91031306_R.jpg

After I burned out two of those (the contacts arced and burnt up), I switched to the Ron Francis and have had no problems in three years!!

So the time difference between touching the peddle and pressure applied is that big a deal? And one would think that a switch that touchy is why they can burn the points. I am not trying to be argumentitive here as I do what ever the cust wants, but those non sealed switchs are designed for interior mounting(not under-car).
Never had any issue with a good VW/Bosch switch

Everybody makes a awesome point, I bought the Ron Francis switch cause its waterproof and less brake line fittings.

I think the weight of these cars makes it possible to have barake action before a pressure switch activates. I will go with Ron Francis to keep some jerk from hitting me. I will have to much money in this thing to worry about the price of a brake switch!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back