Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake line on master cyl.

Johnny

Alright guys, what have you all done for that tight, and I mean tight fit, for the front fitting on the master cylinder? I talked to RPM and he suggested an elbow, but I could not find one. I went to NAPA and picked up a length of brake line that's guaranteed not to kink. I had to bend it right as it comes out of the 3/16 line fitting. It doesn't look like it's kinked, but not positive. Had to take M/C loose to get fitting on and tight, but it is touching the tranny a little. Afraid it might get damaged if tranny moves from engine torque.

Any better ideas out there???

Thanks

They have these banjo fittings for master cylinders in tight areas.
5151398_L.jpg

These are at speedway Enter master cylinder banjo fittings on google

The other place to get them from is Pure Choice Motorsports out of Lake Havasu, Arizona. They make them with a pipe thread so you could adapt to a standard automotive line instead of the AN version posted. If I remember they are a little pricy, but the brakes are not the place to go Cheap!
Because of the Transmissions shape, maybe you could lift the trans. slightly to get more clearance?

I searched everywhere for an elbow since the banjos did not seem to have the thread I was looking for. Talk about stressful!! And then I thought I found one only to find the price to be 37 dollars before shipping. For me, $ is adding up quick and I couldnt stomach spending that much on 1 brass fitting. After a closer look and test, I was able to heat the steel brake line with a flame and make a very tight non kinking bend. For those searching all over the place right now for a solution like I was, Consider this as an option or at least test it out to see if It will work for you. Or yet again- maybe there are many possibilities out there that I did not realize would have worked.

To all manufacturers/designers: Why cant you stick with a basic thread/ size on all components, especially on the same master cylinder????

I would be a little concerned about heating the brake line. The heat will harden the soft metal tube making it very brittle, as in breaking or splitting from normal expansion and vibration, Just an opinion from an ole' country boy from Alabama. Roll Tide

I would be a little concerned about heating the brake line. The heat will harden the soft metal tube making it very brittle, as in breaking or splitting from normal expansion and vibration, Just an opinion from an ole' country boy from Alabama. Roll Tide

Good point. I will keep an eye on this area. As for the initial bend and pressure in the system, it has held up just fine. It Actually seems like the line was softened where I heated it. Similar to heating copper water pipe.

Here is how i did mine now that the stupid fittings showed up after fedex lost them ! ..........................

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 70

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back