Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake Line Rant

Time for some more pics Mr Bob. Have enjoyed watching your bucket come together!
I haven't really been posting updates because there hasn't been much feedback on it, so I figured no-one was really paying attention. But I guess people still look. I will post some soon. Thanks.

Well, brakes have to be done right. They are a hydraulic unit, and must be leak free. The Tools needed to do flares have to be of good quality, and the ones with quality will last. They are not cheap, but neither is you ass if its up in the hospital recovering from a accident.
A good flaring tool, tubing cutter w/debur will cost about $50 to $75 bucks for a decent one, a little more for a good set.
But you'll always have them. Take pride in the tools. Yes, you won't need them that often, but after you've screwed up a few brake lines, you'll realize the saving they offer for doing a good job.
Believe me, they'll pay for themselves in the long run....
I've used my Good flaring tools on my air compressor, several machines out in the shop, forktruck, tractor....

I haven't really been posting updates because there hasn't been much feedback on it, so I figured no-one was really paying attention. But I guess people still look. I will post some soon. Thanks.

I can be guilty of this. I hate when a nice thread gets loaded up with "nice job" posts so I try to just like the post and leave the comments for the OP to continue with updates. The downside is the OP may think that nobody is actually looking when they really are.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back