Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

brake lines

akitagandy

ATT00057.jpg

Someone look at my lines going into the master cyl and see if I have them in the right place

for some reason i cant post pics i have a total perf t and my brake lines are oppisit yours at the master cyl my lines came in a kit with instructions the front line on my car goes to yhe rear of the master cyl wich is really the front considering the master cyl is mounted backwards

for some reason i cant post pics i have a total perf t and my brake lines are oppisit yours at the master cyl my lines came in a kit with instructions the front line on my car goes to yhe rear of the master cyl wich is really the front considering the master cyl is mounted backwards

Attachments

• 232323232%7Ffp537%3C%3B%3Evq%3D3272%3E4%3C%3A%3E58%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D339%3A63%3C2%3A432%3Cvq0mrj.jpg
    232323232%7Ffp537%3C%3B%3Evq%3D3272%3E4%3C%3A%3E58%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D339%3A63%3C2%3A432%3Cvq0mrj.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 84
I think that if both reservoirs are the same size it makes no difference which goes where. However, if you are using disc/drum combo and one reservoir is larger, then that one goes to the front because the front calipers take more volume than the rear wheel cylinders. I am no brake expert but I'm sure that there are some on here, perhaps they can chime in.

Jim

The small cylinder (front) should go to the front and the large one should go to the rear. If both are the same size inside it probably doesn't matter.

San Diego T

It looks as both your reservoirs are the same size so you'll be fine. Like I said that is how I did mine and I'm running front disk and rear drum. Both my reservoirs are the same size and I've been driving the Heck out of mine.

ATT00057.jpg

Someone look at my lines going into the master cyl and see if I have them in the right place
It seems to be backwards,according to all the ones I've looked at on factory cars. Has to do with the pistons inside the M/C and disc/drum or disc/disc systems.

It seems to be backwards,according to all the ones I've looked at on factory cars. Has to do with the pistons inside the M/C and disc/drum or disc/disc systems.
CHECK TO SEE WHICH PORT PUSHES FLUID OUT FIRST WHEN BENCH BLEEDING, THAT PORT WILL GO TO REAR BRAKES SO THAT REAR BRAKES ARE SUPPOSED TO ENGAGE FIRST.

since there are so many different answers on this question I gotta go with what Jim said. The bigger reservoir is to be plumbed to the front discs on a disc/drum setup. Calipers take more fluid volume to expand than rear drum wheel cylinders.

But since it appears on your master cylinder that the reservoirs are the same size, it don't matter.

And as to which port flows first, that would be microseconds under real braking conditions.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back