Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake Shoes

iajjpop

On my 23 ''t'' I didn't build the front end, it has the 49-54 chevrolet car spindles ,with the 5 on 4 3/4'' chevrolet wheels, I had brake fluid leak on my drum brakes,and now when I apply the brakes 1 wheel grabs. So I need to replace the shoes. Do they take 49-54 chevrolet brake shoes ??? Or how do I know what to order?? Any help would be appreciated. thank you...

You sure its the shoes and not the adjuster being out? I know when I had 4 wheel discs if only one grabbed I had to adjust the other until they both locked up at the same time.

Never liked drums on the front, never knew which way it would pull in a panic stop.

On my 23 ''t'' I didn't build the front end, it has the 49-54 chevrolet car spindles ,with the 5 on 4 3/4'' chevrolet wheels, I had brake fluid leak on my drum brakes,and now when I apply the brakes 1 wheel grabs. So I need to replace the shoes. Do they take 49-54 chevrolet brake shoes ??? Or how do I know what to order?? Any help would be appreciated. thank you...

I just order '54 Belair shoes for mine, but its been a while. I think Napa still can get them. Brake shoes All the 54 Chevy autos used 11" X 2" front brakes.

Yesterday I played with my front brakes,backed off the brake that grabs,& set up the other brake,it didn't help, so I ordered new brake shoes[ monroe bonded] from Rockauto[ they were nice to deal with] .WE will replace and see if that helps...Thank You.......

don't forget to clean those drums with brake-clean or similar just prior to reinstsalling them.
I use Rock Auto a lot also. best prices around for old stuff!!

Russ

I have some old Ford non energized brakes on the front of my T. When I got it, they were soft like leather. I found a brake and clutch reliner and took the old shoes to them to be relined. He said, he may have a set in stock, so I ended up just swapping them out, but could have had them relined.
NAPA would be my first choice to buy, but would look at relining, if that did not work.

good luck,

Yesterday I put the new brake shoes on my ''t''. I order them last Wed. mid afternoon And on Friday mid afternoon U. P. S. left them off at my house . Good service. After I got them installed I took it for a short drive. [WOW] do I have good brakes now. Thanks for your help.......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back