Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brakes???

HAceT

Ok I have a question. I have never had real real good brakes on the Bucket. I have the Disk/ drum combo and I have residual valves plumbed in (2psi front and 10psi rear) as told. Well even with all that never could get a complete lockup of all 4. The front 2 may grab but usually the driver 1st. Well I bled this thing numerous times and I have no leaks. The pressure bleeder was put on the brakes. Well now I have the driver caliper locking up again. It will drag and then hold tight at times. I replaced the caliper about 2 years ago and everything was back to normal. Well it has done it again and every now and then so does the passenger front. I am replacing both calipers and was wondering if maybe I need to remove the residual valve and in the process split the lines to the front closer to the master or is the way I have it now good. The picture with the redlines is the way it is now with a T fitting at the front near the driver side. I was told that I would need to change it to the green line setup instead. I really don't know why so I figured I'd ask here.

Attachments

• Brakes diagram.JPG
    Brakes diagram.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 37
Not being a brake expert by any stretch I copied the system from the donor cars family , i.e. calipers for must II , pinto etc. are the same as are the rear wheel cylinders, as are the M/C's, as are the proportioning[combo] valves. So I used the Ford "system" that they had engineered, works great , stops on a dime & gives a nickel back . In this system the frt caliper lines are separate from the prop. valve forward.-
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back