Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

broken clevis

Well if you wanted them mounted in single shear you could just use the original sheer. A rod end is much narrower than they typical bushing so I could see you getting away with it. I was thinking along the lines of keeping the original bracket and just adding another one next to it for a double sheer mount.

Well if you wanted them mounted in single shear you could just use the original sheer. A rod end is much narrower than they typical bushing so I could see you getting away with it. I was thinking along the lines of keeping the original bracket and just adding another one next to it for a double sheer mount.

I recommend double shear with rod ends. That is the best set up IMHO.

Jim

I'll probably catch all kinds of flak for this but.... you're only an 1/16" from being able to use the 5\16" slot clevis , either grind the batwing a little on each side or file the slot in the clevis , you only need .030" per side , IMO not enough to hurt a thing ....
dave

I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. I'll let you know when I have a chance to try it.
I don't know what happens to the time. You think you are going to get something done "this weekend" and you don't touch it for months! Go figure.

I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. I'll let you know when I have a chance to try it.
I don't know what happens to the time. You think you are going to get something done "this weekend" and you don't touch it for months! Go figure.

That's my life.. ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back