Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

butler c cab

pappabear1973

One of the sexiest c cabs in my opinion us the butler c cab. I keep thinking of doing something similar from a t bucket. My main idea as i slowly go forward on project ideas. I have engine and tranny and mock up wheels and drive shaft right now. Even front seats. Lol. There is do little I can find on line however on this c cab. Wondering if any one has more info or pictures. Thanks.

One of the sexiest c cabs in my opinion us the butler c cab. I keep thinking of doing something similar from a t bucket. My main idea as i slowly go forward on project ideas. I have engine and tranny and mock up wheels and drive shaft right now. Even front seats. Lol. There is do little I can find on line however on this c cab. Wondering if any one has more info or pictures. Thanks.

The name "butler c cab" is not familiar to me. Perhaps you can post a picture or a link.

Jim

Untitled-Scanned-01biffsrevenge.jpg

Try Nick Butler . He built a C cab in the late 70s or early 80s called Revenge here in the UK . For some reason I cant see the IMG so I don't no if these pics will come out . The first pic is his C cab and the Blue one I see at the N.S.R.A. Summer nats here in the UK in the summer . The guy who built the C cab lives from Glasgow in Scotland and drove it down to Old Walden which several hundred miles . The engine is a Daimler V8 with a blower which you don't see very often now .http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/diggerdriver/ccab_zpsa23556c2.jpg http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/diggerdriver/ccab_zpsa23556c2.jpg http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/diggerdriver/ccab_zpsa23556c2.jpg I will have a look throw my pics to see if I can find a pic of Revenge

Yes the nick butler c cab revenge. I found a site with a couple of photos but not much. I want to build something similar from a 15 anniversary body. Thanks

Seen those. Done that. Visited the sites. But not a great amOunt there. One inside shot. No close ups if the front suspension. Love to see the inside of the back! I loved the green rendering. Thanks

I finally got a little more. Searched hot rod c cab and came across a Phil Bowen "novel t" which is the same body style. This produced a decent inside shot. Still wondering just how and where the fuel tank hours? Lol.

C-Cab pics 004a.jpg The Butler style body really shows off the rear suspension nicely. Anderson Industries used to make a similar body with the hump in the roof...:)

I've always had a soft spot for C-Cabs. I got interested in them in the '70s when T-buckets were as thick as flies on dog poop at every rod run and I wanted something different, but still affordable. So.., I designed a C-Cab body to fit a T-bucket frame. I built my first one in 1975 and the second one in 1988 (pictured below). There was a total of 7 cars built from my plans; five original design, one pickup truck version, and one that was stretched and widened for a large owner. The bodies were built from 3/8" plywood over a 2 x 2 structure and then laminated with fiberglass mat & resin. I lengthened the body 2 inches for the second one to improve leg room, but both cars had a 96" wheelbase. These were the least expensive hotrods I ever built, but they were attention-getters and consistent show trophy winners. I drove the "Beerwagon" to the NSRA nationals in 1977 and it made it onto the cover of Street Scene magazine's November '77 issue.:D

I still have the original plans...:rolleyes:

C-Cab pics.jpg C-Cab pics 038.jpg C-Cab pics 004a.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back