Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Can you hear me now

jimbo01

I was working in the garage this morning and was watching the time so I could catch Ron early and place an order for a couple of spring pivots. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:30 so I picked up my cell phone and hit his number. I listened to the phone ring until his answering machine picked up. I never leave messages because I do not like talking to machines and would wait a little longer and place another call. A short time later my phone rang and I saw that it was Ron calling back. I answered the phone with the normal Hi Ron and then heard Ron saying hello. To my surprise Ron couldn't hear me. So I hung up and tried calling back and the results were yet the same. We must have tried this back and forth a couple of times and yet Ron couldn't hear me. I then tried calling my wife and she couldn't hear me either. Ron then texted me and took my order that way LOL. Now I do have to ask all of you, who do any of you do business with that will call you back when a message isn't left? Who do any of you do business with that will take an order for parts via text message? This is yet another example of the type of business man Ron is and the type of service offered by Ron Pope Motorsports. Thank you very much Ron and I'll continue to do business with you.

P.S.
Thank you for not thinking I was some sort of prank caller or a heavy breather. I go to pick up my new phone tonight and this will not happen again.

BOB'S RAT ROD PARTS.... You can find him on E-Bay also. They have all the parts that RPM has & prices are about the same. Fast responce with questions and orders. What I like about their parts is that after cutting the parts out, they take the time to run them past a grinder to take the plasma edge off, then put a coat of primer on. They also use drill bits to drill the holes rather than let the plasma cut the holes, which saves me time not having to run a file thru the holes. I've been ordering all my parts from them for my current build and have been very pleased. Try them.....

Stubby,
May I make the suggestion that you go to Bob's page for that plug and rant and rave about his primer and drill bits there please? This thread wasn't created for you, hugahan or anyone else to continue a dead thread. This is Ron's page that I posted to and was meant to show my gratitude and let others know what I thought of my experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Since Ron is a paying advertizer and long time supporter of this forum I think anyone wanting to put up comparison products against him would at least start a new thread to do it. Just my take on the subject.

George

BOB'S RAT ROD PARTS.... You can find him on E-Bay also. They have all the parts that RPM has & prices are about the same. Fast responce with questions and orders. What I like about their parts is that after cutting the parts out, they take the time to run them past a grinder to take the plasma edge off, then put a coat of primer on. They also use drill bits to drill the holes rather than let the plasma cut the holes, which saves me time not having to run a file thru the holes. I've been ordering all my parts from them for my current build and have been very pleased. Try them.....
NOT UNTIL HE IS A SITE SPONSOR!!

Sounds like business is bad for Bob's Rat Rod Parts! maybe he should be a PAID SPONSOR on this site before you TRY to peddle his product on somebody else's dime!

REALLY ????? You asked the question and I answered. If you didn't want any other input, don't ask a question!!! Is this no longer a forum? It seems that everyone wants to talk about the people that they like, BUT as soon as we mention anything that they don't agree with it's time to report them and have them removed.
I see you've apologized for this outburst in another thread that is pimping and promoting another outside company. So let's get all this laid out, so there is no misunderstanding.

To answer your first question, yes, REALLY!!!!!

To address your next remark, if you cannot read the original post and deduce Jimbo was asking a rhetorical question, then I guess I must be the one needing to ask you, REALLY?????

Yes, this is still and will remain a forum. However, this particular forum is a forum provided for Ron Pope Motorsports to promote their own service and products, and to answer questions from customers and potential customers. RPM pays for the ability to promote his products here. So for you to come along and start splashing another company's name all over is more than a bit rude. So do all of us a wee favor - spend a little time familiarizing yourself with this site before you decide to unleash any more righteous indignation on anyone.

I do not have any problem with someone a review of a company that is involved in the T-Bucket market. But I am going to start having a problem if I see any member trying to subtly spam the site, by plastering reviews all over the site. In case you are wondering, yes, your second promotional post for this company is headed for the rubbish bin.

And just out of curiosity, exactly who threatened you with being reported and removed? Try as I might, I just cannot seem to find that, yet you were quick to mention it. And you know, that suggests to me you have a much better idea of what is acceptable on this site and what is not. I'm just saying, when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

To both Jimbo and RPM, I sincerely apologize for not seeing this before now. Let's get back on-topic with this thread and move forward.

So my understanding is if you answer these questions that the OP asked...

Now I do have to ask all of you, who do any of you do business with that will call you back when a message isn't left? Who do any of you do business with that will take an order for parts via text message?

and then get chastised by the one who asked those question because the name(s) mentioned were not sponsors of this forum makes this thread more than a little screwy. He asked a question, he should of expected answer(s) without whining about that answer. I've heard many names mentioned here that are not sponsors and nobody whined about any of them. Strange thread.

Sounds like business is bad for Bob's Rat Rod Parts! maybe he should be a PAID SPONSOR on this site before you TRY to peddle his product on somebody else's dime!

I don't know but it sounds like Mike might want to contact them and see if he can pick up another sponsor, couldn't hurt. After all they just got kudo's from someone on this board.

I have been coming to this forum for the past few years to read what everyone has in the area of ideas and love looking at the pictures. I never had any reason to post so I never registered, until now. I have read in the past about some places to look for and purchase items that others have had listed, and have checked most of them out and did purchase items from some of them. But I too have noticed that latley when ever someone brings up a new vendor that might step on the toes of a paying advertiser or supporting member all the "good ole boys" start getting all bent out of shape. I agree with Stephen, maybe if you guy's would let the forum talk about others out in the market selling like items that you may benefit by getting more paying advertisers. Then again maybe some of the members that are trying to "protect" their paying advertiser don't understand how a forum works. Step out of your comfort zone and you may learn something. Just my thoughts. Good Luck.

Mike: As an administrator you really do need to watch what you say. To me it does sound like you take sides, and pick and choose who you "punish" or let go. Jimbo did ask the question, how he meant it can be taking different ways. If you don't think it should be discussed in the forum that it is in, you have the option to relocate it and let it continue. You need to loose the attitude or give up the position. Again, just my thoughts. Good Luck.

Mike i was bitting my tongue . You don't mess with the penguin on this site.

Well, laddie, we both know that is a lie, since you are using the same IP address as your Stubby account.

Stephen, ask yourself if this is an argument you really want to involve yourself in. As a hint, I will warn you it is not. Fair enough?

Well, laddie, we both know that is a lie, since you are using the same IP address as your Stubby account.

I was of the understanding that one IP address could be used for an entire neighborhood (large or small). ???

Stephen, ask yourself if this is an argument you really want to involve yourself in.

I wasn't arguing with anyone I was merely stating my thoughts on the subject. I just jumped all over some asses on my gun forum and I know I won't be banned their because they let you tell it the way you see it on all subjects. Sure a few people get banned for getting tooo out of hand but not many and I can assure you if saying my piece here gets me banned then so be it. I'm not here (or anywhere else on the net) to be owned or controlled. Most forums I've left or banned from were with my blessing (no big deal). I consider forums a dime a dozen. I beg and plead with no forum to let me stay. I've enjoyed this forum so far and I like the threads here, lots a good stuff. If you feel I'm to far out of line then give me the boot but regardless tomorrow I will go shoot my new gun and hopefully enjoy myself and my new toy. I say all this with all sincerity and a smile on my face. See :D

Stephen, do yourself a really big favor. Take a deep breath. And then walk away. I'm not in the mood to dance with anyone, so just let the sleeping dog lie. I appreciate you want to explore all the semantics of everyone's comments, but it is not endearing yourself to anyone (particularly me) to continue. For the record, I didn't suggest you were arguing with anyone, you jumped to that conclusion quite handily on your own. My question to you was simply to ask if the current issue with the Stubby/Money Maker feckwit was an argument that you really felt you needed to be part of. You've said your piece, so move along. You see, I don't really give a rat's rectum how you consider forums, or how you've left any other forums, so do me a favor and just stop wasting my time, aye? I've moderated/admined/owned more forums than I can count over the last 31+ years, but if I ever feel I need your input on how to move things forward, I'll be sure to check in with you.

And your understanding about multiple computers using the same IP address is flawed. Service providers use pools of IP addresses, so there might be instances where someone might be assigned a given IP address one day and someone else might have it assigned to them days or weeks later. But no two individuals can ever share the same IP address at the same time. If you shared an IP address with just one other indivdual, both of you would have serious problems accessing the Web, because there would be no way of knowing who was who. If you genuinely want to learn a bit more about IP address assignments, I suggest reading up on IPv6, which will use 128 bit addresses, rather than the 32 bit addresses used by IPv4. The world was running out of IP addresses, hence the new system, which will provide more than 7.9 X 10 to the 28th power more addresses. Not my first day on the beach when it comes to computers accessing the Web, either. Which is why I am really hoping you are going to take the time to read and comprehend what I've written, and will understand trying to play word games with me is really not the best course of action for you to take.

We through? Again, just as a hint, the correct answer would be, "Yes." You control your own destiny, however, so you do whatever you feel you need to do. Lord only knows, I will be doing the same.

RPM, I got a kick out of your comment. :laugh: Since the numpty suggested I 'loose' the attitude or let the position go, do you suppose that was some kind of an off-handed offer to buy the place? :roflmao: Actually, there was no need for me to 'loose' anything, other than one more eejit. You would have been amazed at the twenty-one (yes, as in 21) post reports the numpty submitted. He hammered on posts made by forum sponsors, as well as posts made by forum staff members. I do hope he enjoyed himself, but his window of opportunity at creating mayhem around here has been eliminated. And for the record, I waded through all twenty-one reports, claimed every last one of them and rejected the very same number. And you can doubtless imagine how much of his advice to watch what I say I will be taking on board. :rolleyes:

Now. Can I go to bed and get some sleep? :sleep:

Why is it the new guys on the block want to try and change the neighborhood? Same thing happens here, lived here 20 years now new neighbors want to change it to their liking instead of trying to fit in. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back