Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Can you hear me now

Stephen, do yourself a really big favor. Take a deep breath. And then walk away. I'm not in the mood to dance with anyone, so just let the sleeping dog lie. I appreciate you want to explore all the semantics of everyone's comments, but it is not endearing yourself to anyone (particularly me) to continue. For the record, I didn't suggest you were arguing with anyone, you jumped to that conclusion quite handily on your own. My question to you was simply to ask if the current issue with the Stubby/Money Maker feckwit was an argument that you really felt you needed to be part of. You've said your piece, so move along. You see, I don't really give a rat's rectum how you consider forums, or how you've left any other forums, so do me a favor and just stop wasting my time, aye? I've moderated/admined/owned more forums than I can count over the last 31+ years, but if I ever feel I need your input on how to move things forward, I'll be sure to check in with you.

And your understanding about multiple computers using the same IP address is flawed. Service providers use pools of IP addresses, so there might be instances where someone might be assigned a given IP address one day and someone else might have it assigned to them days or weeks later. But no two individuals can ever share the same IP address at the same time. If you shared an IP address with just one other indivdual, both of you would have serious problems accessing the Web, because there would be no way of knowing who was who. If you genuinely want to learn a bit more about IP address assignments, I suggest reading up on IPv6, which will use 128 bit addresses, rather than the 32 bit addresses used by IPv4. The world was running out of IP addresses, hence the new system, which will provide more than 7.9 X 10 to the 28th power more addresses. Not my first day on the beach when it comes to computers accessing the Web, either. Which is why I am really hoping you are going to take the time to read and comprehend what I've written, and will understand trying to play word games with me is really not the best course of action for you to take.

We through? Again, just as a hint, the correct answer would be, "Yes." You control your own destiny, however, so you do whatever you feel you need to do. Lord only knows, I will be doing the same.

RPM, I got a kick out of your comment. :laugh: Since the numpty suggested I 'loose' the attitude or let the position go, do you suppose that was some kind of an off-handed offer to buy the place? :roflmao: Actually, there was no need for me to 'loose' anything, other than one more eejit. You would have been amazed at the twenty-one (yes, as in 21) post reports the numpty submitted. He hammered on posts made by forum sponsors, as well as posts made by forum staff members. I do hope he enjoyed himself, but his window of opportunity at creating mayhem around here has been eliminated. And for the record, I waded through all twenty-one reports, claimed every last one of them and rejected the very same number. And you can doubtless imagine how much of his advice to watch what I say I will be taking on board. :rolleyes:

Now. Can I go to bed and get some sleep? :sleep:

Just how fast can you type anyway? What you wrote is about two days typing for me.:) But what the hey what I said here got me up to 5 likes and 8 trophy points. WOW! This ol dog walked away and went shooting today.

I've moderated/admined/owned more forums than I can count over the last 31+ years,

How anyone can sit at a computer and do that stuff I will never understand. It'd drive me nuts. I'm done with this one.

As a newbie, I say people should respect the code of the forum. A T-bucket forum flame war, now that's entertainment!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back