Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cant decide if i like these front perch layouts (part of the free t plans project)

Re: Cant decide if i like these front perch layouts (part of the free t plans project

On my '27, I'm running a spring over the axle. Haven't worked it all out yet but I think by using a tall spring perch, I can set the front xmember back far enough to run the tie rod between it and the axle. I wouldn't think there would be a problem as long as the gussets are full circle and there is a plate from the perch pad and the xmember.

Re: Cant decide if i like these front perch layouts (part of the free t plans project

closer ...

trying to hammer out a simplified final length to all the spring plates and gussets for easy layout .... and filling out all the measurements and labeling the pages is a bitch, lol

after that ill probably test out one of the designs at work and weld it all up

but should i do my test piece for a 2.5" or a 2.0" crossmember ? ill be posting it in the classifieds after im done with it, since i dont have a t bucket to use it on

attachment.php

Lowrollerchevy said:
ill probably test out one of the designs at work and weld it all up

since i dont have a t bucket to use it on

attachment.php

You say you're not building a T. Sorry Bud, you are. Right now it's just in your head.....ah, that's where we all start. Then you said you are going to test out one of the designs.

All of the builds here start with a thought and then comes the first part. Yup you're building....if you know it or not!

ive got my project car already, and definantly dont have the room for a t bucket, or the time, lol

Ahhhh....Com'on.......How much room can a front cross member take?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back