Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Car Show Opinion

Let me add that in addition to thinking I'd not want to participate in a pay-to-get-in-show, I should also mention I don't have a car!! My attitude could change when I get my project done. Admittedly, I would consider a show that was for a charity I thought worthy.

My arguement is in regard to those shows where the show is put on to produce a profit for the promoters regardless of their tax status. These are the types of shows where car owners should be paid to show their cars. Everyone who gets a car space gets the same pay at the door before setting up and maybe mileage to and from should be considered.

By the way, when you're paying for liabilty insurance, I can pretty much quarantee the insurance is to hold harmless and protect the person/group producing the show. Such an insurance policy provides absolutely no coverage or protection for you. In fact, it's possible the weasel words of an agreement you sign to enter the show/event may make you responsible for legal fees and judgements against the promoter. Next time you pay for insurance to particicate, ask for a copy of the policy.

Am I paraniod? Some may think that, but I have something to lose - a higher than average net worth.... sure it's only $1.39 more than that bum living under a bridge, but it's my buck thirty-nine and I'd like to keep it for me.

It occurs to me that in some states show/event promoters can't charge for insurance as a condition of admitance unless thay are licensed by the State to sell insurance.... so, it's obviuosly just bundled and becomes obscure in the overall terms and conditions of entry.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back