Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Circumference

Johnny

Ok. I have looked everywhere on here and I don't see it. Does someone know the circumference of the windshield frames. They all look the same size, but am not sure. I need to know because I'm going to get some clamps for the frame and it would be nice to know what size I need.
Thanks

Mine is just under 7/8" diameter. The material came from CCR. Not sure there's really a standard for this though. The frame that came on my car was 1", and I think some are 3/4".

Jack

Ok. Another stupid question. Been looking for the clamp. No luck. What do ya call a clamp that clamps to the outside of a windshield frame? It should be like one of those clamp on mirrors.

HELP!!!

I really doubt you could clamp anything readily available w/enough force to attach windshield support rods to & the rods be useful .:unsure:
dave

You are probably right. I guess I could get a machine shop to drill and tap the frame without busting the glass. I'm pretty sure I can't do it

Ok, it's a done deal. Going to drill and tap frame for windshield supports. Believe it's the right thing to do.

I like option 2 better. I think option 1 interferes with the profile of the engine and makes them too prominent. But that's just me...

I wouldn't use supports on a windshield that short, it doesn't look right IMO. You can accomplish more than enough stiffening by glassing in a small reinforcement plate on each side.

Jack

What does is look like if you run the support rod over the front header tube, to the base of where the radiator will be, after you move the radiator back a few inches?

You going to make the rods yourself?

We make a few up here. We use 1/4 stainless rod with stainless 1/4 female heims. Run a die on the ends of the rod an screw on the heims.

Move the rad back first, then try the different angles before committing.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back