Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Circumference

What does is look like if you run the support rod over the front header tube, to the base of where the radiator will be, after you move the radiator back a few inches?

You going to make the rods yourself?

We make a few up here. We use 1/4 stainless rod with stainless 1/4 female heims. Run a die on the ends of the rod an screw on the heims.

This is pretty close to where radiator should be

Rather be safe than sorry
OK, but you might consider that no one seems to be commenting about windshield failures in any of the bucket forums. Unless you just like the way this looks, your time might be better spent in other areas. Just sayin'... :)

Jack

OK, but you might consider that no one seems to be commenting about windshield failures in any of the bucket forums. Unless you just like the way this looks, your time might be better spent in other areas. Just sayin'... :)

Jack
I hear ya, but I'm gonna use support rods. My car, ya know.

Reactions: RPM
Keep us posted on the installation. I'm thinking I need to redesign the forward mounting points for mine one of these days.

Jack

Opinions here, please. I can get some threaded 1/4" rod, and cut it to length. Install the heim joints and be done. What do you think of that look?
Thanks

You could get moly tubing with the inside diameter small enough that it could be threaded for male heims. That would be a cleaner look.
Lee

At one time I had 1/4" square stock twisted then heated the ends and hammered them flat and drilled holes to bolt them to the wind shield hinge bolt and the head light mount. Chrome looked neat. John

Maybe Ted Brown will chime in here. He's claimed on several occasions that windshield supports are prone to failure unless they have rubber mounts. He has posted photos previously showing how his system is set up.

Jack

Opinions here, please. I can get some threaded 1/4" rod, and cut it to length. Install the heim joints and be done. What do you think of that look?
Thanks
I'd say that's the best option out of the three...

Ok, when I go to cut these rods, can I cut them easily with a hacksaw? Nothing special about cutting stainless steel, is there? Special hacksaw blade? Or use a cutting wheel in my 4" grinder?
Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back