Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Column Shift vs Floor Shift

ChrisK

Im debating the column shift vs the floor shift. I got an old column from a Chevy van(1981) that has tilt and turn signals I also have a B&M sportsman floor shifter. 350 motor and TH350 trans. What would you do?

I am with Butch! floor shifters Are neat/Cool, BUT, in real use/Daily driving, Ya NEED All of the room you can get.
Just My 2 1/2 Cents!

I'm planning on splitting the difference. Using a B&M cable shifter, instead of mounting it on the floor, I plan on mounting it on the firewall. The lever would be just below the under-dash gauge panel.

Apperance is one thing , what do YOU want it to look like? I've got 3 pedals & a 4-speed in a stock size body , I'm 6'-190 & have no room problems.... you're call
dave

Apperance is one thing , what do YOU want it to look like? I've got 3 pedals & a 4-speed in a stock size body , I'm 6'-190 & have no room problems.... you're call
dave

2Old2Fast,

You got any pictures of you set up. I would like to replace my 350 auto with a 4 or 5 speed.

S D I've no idea how to post pics [if I had any} but if you're at all familiar w/old chevy stuff , I could talk you through it....PM me , when I get back later I'll help as much as I can..
dave

As the guy in the Haunted Mansion says: "Of course, you can always do it MY way."

2013%2Bdash.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back