Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cowl vent

fletcherson

has anyone seen a source for cowl vent kits or parts? I seen a bucket that someone installed one on and it stuck in my head, lol... I think it would be a cool addition, literally. I done a little internet searching and found parts for restoration, but it would not be financially feasible to order it that way to modify, at least not from the source I located. I could install AC for the same price...It doesn't seem that it would be too bad to do, but much easier with pre fabbed parts. Around here, it's very hard to find old cars for parts like that.

Isn't yours a 23-25 body , not much room for a vent....especially 1 that actually would cool ya'
dave

I think I know of the cowl vent you speak of from facebook. I like the idea of it also, but I think you will have to design some linkage to make it work. I think its just a vent taken from a semi cab.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%206.11.54%20PM_zps6dokrzug.png

Drive faster.

I like the look of it, but after spending another day working on it, I don't know if it would be worth the effort. If I had a complete unit from a doner car, I'd defidently give it some attention, but there isn't much room in my cowl, so it would have to be a scaled down version, then there is the matter of the engine blocking it. I'm sure it would get air, just not sure how much it would really benefit other than looking cool.

2 vents, one on each side of the cowl. Like the old Studebakers and the original Thunderbirds.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back