Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

does anyone know what a good size of front tires i should use?

luke 13

CAM00198.jpg CAM00198.jpg CAM00194.jpg CAM00198.jpg CAM00198.jpg does anyone know what a good size of front tires i should use? Im working on getting rid of a death wooble. Im taking my tires in tomorrow to have them balanced. If the tire shop finds anything wrong with them im just going to start over with a new set. My front rims are 14's, im guessing they are around 7 inches wide but not sure.

You asked that question on your "DEATH WOBBLE" thread and I answered that it all depends on the look that you want to attain. I'm running 155/80 x 15" on 4" wide rims.

Jim

I personally enjoy the real old school look "Dunlop k630f .
What are actually motorcycle tires and rims (100/80- 16 (2 1/2 inches wide)
but that's my preference when I built my T bucket 20 years ago and they're still on there today

BTW of course hard to tell definitively from the photos but it don't look like you have much caster on the kingpins there. IMHO 7 degrees or so is optimal, and because there isn't a lot of weight on the front end you can run a bit more without the steering becoming heavy or trying to self centre excessively. The tyre shop may well be able to measure the caster while you are there. Insufficient caster will make the front end unstable, is why on the Midget we have very little and on a drag car we have a good dose of it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back