Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tires Size for Skinny Front Wheels

Quezzmo

I know this is a common problem but my front end is wandering pretty bad. I have a little bit of bump steer which starts the front end wandering and sometimes it’s difficult to get back on line. Until I get this fixed I will not go more than 50 mph. I think my front tires are a major contributor to the problem. I have 175/65R-15’s on 3.5” wide Fenton wheels. The footprint is wide and the wheel is narrow and I think the sidewall is flexing too much. What’s a good size tire for such a skinny wheel? 2014-06-15 15.45.01.jpg

I'm running the same....steers great!

Lee,

What are running on the back?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, right now I'm running 31x12.50x15 Hoozers. I think I still had the 18.50s on in Chattanooga. I went to the smaller wheel and tires on the rear because I had a bad tire shake at 50-55 mph that I could not cure with any kind of balancing. The 12.50s run nice and smooth.

The 135R15 tires Lee suggested made a huge difference. I just got em put on. I didn't go far cuz it's a little drizzly out but it's the first time I felt in total control. I was able to drive the car rather than having to constantly react to it. Happy Happy:D

Hey Lee do you have a side picture of your car with the 12.50 tires thats the size im planning using on an 11 inch wheel thanks.
john

Here are oblique and side views with the 12.50 tires on 10" rims. I personally prefer the look of the wider 18.50s, but these ride so much better I've just left them on.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back