Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dons Rods T for sale again...

Don: I realize that you've moved on from your T and are (or have) building other rods, but I want to invite you to pop back in to this forum whenever you want. Your knowledge and experience is always welcome here on this site whether or not you have a T!

Beautiful car! By chance do you have any more pictures to share? The eBay ad photo's are good for detail, but don't help when trying to admire the car.

Ben, that is a very nice invitation, and I will take you up on it. Thanks.

Mike, I lost a lot of the pictures I had in a computer crash but managed to recopy some from various posts. It will take me a little bit to get them posted here, I am not exactly computer literate.

As you can see by this picture, we used the car a lot. This is my Son Dan and I at Billetproof in Ocala in the rain. Surprisingly, the slicks were not skidish in the wet as long as you kept your foot out of it.

danandIatbilletproof2-2.jpg

These are some pictures from the beach the day I "borrowed" the little cutie in the green bikini for some pictures.

sanibelpictures007-6.jpg

sanibelpictures014-3.jpg

And some details of the car......................

PopsTcarbs011-3.jpg

And finally, this is my other Son Don's T Bucket. This was taken 4 years ago the first night we got it running under it's own power.

http://www.youtube.c.../11/-GS_HOKJOUU

Excuse the mess in the garage. We built his T bucket in 88 days, all of them 12-14 hour days, and the garage became a disaster from all of that.

Don

Oh, here, this one is for Lee in KC, it was the first night we got the 23 running and it will show you a little of the underpinnings and stuff you can't see in the regular pictures.

Ok, I'm done YouTubing, I've worn out my welcome. LOL

Don

Ben, I've been working on a roadster pickup for a while. It is in the almost rolling stage right now. I want this one to look like it has been around for a while, with a 394 Olds engine, tripower, Firestone slicks, stuff like that. It will be intentionally a little rough around the edges, like something we might have built in the 50's. I am building it from leftover parts from all our other projects, such as the body, which originally was my Son Dan's, before he bought a Brookville to use on his rpu.

Here is where it is right now.

myrpuframedone001.jpg

And with a mockup bed to see how it will look.

myrpumockupbed004.jpg

Don

Great to see you Don! I too have been watching the old ride on ebay wishing I could buy it. As tempting as it is, I am building a new house and new shop so having to hold off on the toys until I have a new home for them. Planning a new project with my father once I get my work space setup. Thinking about a 23T or maybe even a 55-57 chevy.

Hello , I just found this today looking for info on this sweet Tbucket I bought. I'm the new owner of Don's Apparently Famous T-bucket. I went to Turkey Rod Run looking for a Viper and saw lots of Hot Rods. Saw many but I was too late on the 2 I wanted. Went home on the following Thursday while searching Ebay and saw Don's Bucket. I had to work in Sarasota which is where the car was. Looked at the car gave deposit and picked it up on Saturday. The previous owner didn't know much about the car but I knew a good deal when I saw it. I collect and Restore Motorcycles and I had just Sold 2 bikes so I had some money burning a hole in my pocket.
The guy said he only drove it for 500 miles and that don said he had put around 2k miles.

I do have some questions for Don.
1. How many miles do you think is on the motor?
2. The body seems to be a 1923 but the title says 1915? Which is it?
3. how many gallons is the gas tank?

I don;t know sh*t about old cars but used to own a Motorcycle Dealership and have restored motorcycles, a 87 Shelby CSX, tons of VW Beetles, and a 56 Porsche Speedster. I have no experience on V8 but I'm sure I'll do fine. I have found tons of people on that love this car online and it seems I own a piece of a famous or Well documented Build.

Look forward to learning and meeting new people here.

Regards,

Kevin

Don, I like your lakes headers. I have a question. When you were sitting at a stop light, could you smell the exhaust fumes? I mean more than if you had used conventional headers. As you know, I'm looking to get some headers and someone tossed lake headers as a suggestion.

Hello , I just found this today looking for info on this sweet Tbucket I bought. I'm the new owner of Don's Apparently Famous T-bucket. I went to Turkey Rod Run looking for a Viper and saw lots of Hot Rods. Saw many but I was too late on the 2 I wanted. Went home on the following Thursday while searching Ebay and saw Don's Bucket. I had to work in Sarasota which is where the car was. Looked at the car gave deposit and picked it up on Saturday. The previous owner didn't know much about the car but I knew a good deal when I saw it. I collect and Restore Motorcycles and I had just Sold 2 bikes so I had some money burning a hole in my pocket.
The guy said he only drove it for 500 miles and that don said he had put around 2k miles.

I do have some questions for Don.
1. How many miles do you think is on the motor?
2. The body seems to be a 1923 but the title says 1915? Which is it?
3. how many gallons is the gas tank?

I don;t know sh*t about old cars but used to own a Motorcycle Dealership and have restored motorcycles, a 87 Shelby CSX, tons of VW Beetles, and a 56 Porsche Speedster. I have no experience on V8 but I'm sure I'll do fine. I have found tons of people on that love this car online and it seems I own a piece of a famous or Well documented Build.

Look forward to learning and meeting new people here.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin, sorry, I didn't see this post until now. Congratulations on buying it. I really liked it and had a lot of fun with it and it never left me down. To answer your questions:

1) The motor is a 99 Vortec and I had it machined and we put it together about 4 years ago now. Hard to tell how many miles because there is no speedometer/odometer, but it has been to Turkey Run 3 times, Garlits place twice, and the Billetproof drags in Lakeland once, so it has some miles on it. If I had to guess I would think I put something like 3000 on it, but that is just a guess. I used it as much as I could locally and ran errands and just went for drives a lot.

2) The car is titled as a 15 because that is the title I had. Since model T's were similar from about 1909 to 1927 it wasn't a big deal to me.

3) The tank is an 11 gallon one from Speedway.

I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I did, and if I can ever fill in some blanks let me know.

Glad to se it go to someone who will use it.

Don

Oh, btw, the heads were a brand new, out of the box pair of 305 vortec heads that I put on for a little more compression over the 350 heads. They supposedly give up a little on top end but in the range where you do most of your driving they give some extra hp. The car ran great on mid grade gas.

Don, I like your lakes headers. I have a question. When you were sitting at a stop light, could you smell the exhaust fumes? I mean more than if you had used conventional headers. As you know, I'm looking to get some headers and someone tossed lake headers as a suggestion.

Fred, sometimes I could smell fumes and sometimes I smelled like gas when I got somewhere. But it wasn't any worse than my 27. The turnouts helped a lot and put the sound and fumes away from the cockpit. Once you were rolling it wasn't a problem at all.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back