Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Drum vs Disc

It gets real busy in that area. Steering box will fight you for space. Think about Unisteer rack and pinion. Then you can move the shaft higher on the firewall as well is make it easier to swing legs to the center of the car. Wilwood also has floor mounts in 6:1 ratio and swing in 7:1. If you can switch the pedals from swing to floor it would be closer to power brakes.

It gets real busy in that area. Steering box will fight you for space. Think about Unisteer rack and pinion. Then you can move the shaft higher on the firewall as well is make it easier to swing legs to the center of the car. Wilwood also has floor mounts in 6:1 ratio and swing in 7:1. If you can switch the pedals from swing to floor it would be closer to power brakes.

Actually I'm going with a quick ratio rack and pinion set up for the steering. I'm not sure what brand pedal set up I'll use, but It'll probably be a 6:1 configuration. By going with the 2 mini master set up with remote reservoirs, I don't think I'll have clearance issues. I'm trying to avoid the added complication of reinforcing the firewall for a swing pedal configuration. I know some folks go that route with just plywood firewall reinforcement, but I'm not comfortable with that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back