Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Early turbo 400 parts

volksnut

I've run into a little problem, other than the cricket in the pan :) I found out this is a early '67 trans, so thinking it had just the regular type filter...I was wrong. So what it has is the long metal filter that fits on the side of the case. I found a Wix number 58879, but no one stocked it locally. I did some research and found a filter to fit a '66 Cadillac Deville at AutoZone (remember they go by application). Well it looked the same but isn't, it's cheap quality for one and it's different in a some area's where it just won't fit. Does anyone have any experience with these early units or do you know of any mod's to change the filter to a later style??? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P8051331.jpeg
    P8051331.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 26
  • P8051332.jpeg
    P8051332.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 25
I've run into a little problem, other than the cricket in the pan :) I found out this is a early '67 trans, so thinking it had just the regular type filter...I was wrong. So what it has is the long metal filter that fits on the side of the case. I found a Wix number 58879, but no one stocked it locally. I did some research and found a filter to fit a '66 Cadillac Deville at AutoZone (remember they go by application). Well it looked the same but isn't, it's cheap quality for one and it's different in a some area's where it just won't fit. Does anyone have any experience with these early units or do you know of any mod's to change the filter to a later style??? Thanks in advance.
Did you try rock auto? They have good deals on older parts and filters.

Yeah I'll give them a try....thanks
The catch with them is shipping. Pay attention that multiple parts come from the same wharehouse and make sure you are saving enough to offset shipping. I try to keep a list of things that I need so when I place an order, it pays off. The other thing I've found is returning any cores is pointless for the same reason, but they are usually pretty good on older parts and I've always received quality stuff.

The catch with them is shipping. Pay attention that multiple parts come from the same wharehouse and make sure you are saving enough to offset shipping. I try to keep a list of things that I need so when I place an order, it pays off. The other thing I've found is returning any cores is pointless for the same reason, but they are usually pretty good on older parts and I've always received quality stuff.
Yeah I know about there shipping. I ended up buying the Wix brand filter, hopefully it will fit..

Yeah it fit, still the Wix was made in China, can't believe it though

"HEY! It fit and that's what counts. Right? RIGHT!"
china_worker.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back