Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

East Coast T-Bucket Gathering – York, PA - June 3-5

Track T-4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If you’re looking for a T-Bucket gathering on the east coast this summer, plan to join us the weekend of June 3-5 for the 38[sup]th[/sup] NSRA Street Rod Nationals East at the York Expo Center in York, Pennsylvania. This NSRA meet historically attracts upwards of 4,000 street rods and last year added cars up to 1960 so this will be another super event. Why pick this venue to gather the T-Buckets? Well, this is an established event and certainly makes the planning easier but you also just can’t beat everything the NSRA offers over the three-day weekend.

Our group of three was small last year - Wayne from PA, Ed from NJ and me from MD - but there were MANY more T’s in attendance. Check out my thread from last year for more info and some photos. http://www.tbucketeers.com/topic/10430-north-east-coast-t-bucket-gathering-–-york-pa-june-4-6/

Events:
The details for 2011 will be published soon but there is always a lot going on during the weekend. There is plenty of space - four large air-conditioned buildings and plenty of grounds for parking and cruising. There are always many commercial exhibitors/vendors in the Expo Center, a huge vintage parts swap meet, lots of awards, prizes and cash given out, a Thursday evening kick-off party with a rock-and-roll concert/dance every night, technical seminars, a downtown parade, Women’s World arts and crafts fair, ladies tea, and a whole lot more.

Event registration
:
$30 for a NSRA member and $60 for non-members - these are discounted rates if paid before May 14[sup]th[/sup]. There is an additional $10 after that date. Details and the registration form can be found here:
http://nsra-usa.com/media/regforms/2011/east2011.pdf

This is a NSRA-run event so you might consider joining. The cost is $30 for an annual membership (and then just pay the $30 member registration fee). Membership includes the monthly magazine, Streetscene, which has a lot of color photos, articles and event coverage. You can get additional details here:
http://nsra-usa.com/index.php/site/section/C7

Hotels:
There are a number of hotels and other lodging in the York area and they’re filling up fast. Here is a list of the lodging available in the area: http://nsra-usa.com/media/lodginginfo/2011/2011_york.pdf The York Convention and Visitors Bureau will also assist you. Don’t wait, the Holiday Inn already has a waiting list…if you’re planning to join us, start making your reservations soon.

Trailer Parking
:
Many of the hotels have room for trailer parking so check when you make your reservations. In addition, there is usually parking at the Expo Center for truck/trailer parking for a reasonable fee.

This is a big event and coordinating between different hotels will be challenging but we’ll do our best with cell phones and the Internet. If there is enough interest we’ll coordinate group dinners. Rest assured we’ll all be gathering at the York Expo grounds during the day where there is plenty of room to cruise and park. Watch this thread for updates as they become available. Interested? Questions? Come out and join us!

Bruce

Got my rooms booked and ready to attend. Had a great time last year. Good food, refreshements but most of all friends. Talked to a lot great people and found some solutions to small issues I was having with my ride. If you can I would suggest all to attend this great outing, the more the merrier

I am also booked in, will be there with bucket not just a chair great time, good food, super friends, will see you guys there hopefully we will meet a few new friends

Good to hear you guys are coming again. Should be another great weekend. Hope to get a few more to join us.

Bruce

dunno125,

Stop by and say hello. We'll probably will be near the safety inspection station on the opposite side of the street.

Bruce

Bruce the Gathering is getting closer I am ready for a good weekend see you guys there come on guys don"t pass this great weekend up

You betcha, Ed. I'm anxious to see that car of yours! Is the upholstery and everything finished?

Bruce

Well York has come and gone. Great show this year, good weather and some T's we had not seen before. Had a great time and for those that could not attend you missed something special in the way of a show and weather. Track T-4 and Fast Eddy along with your better halfs had a great time and hope to do again next year

Your right Wayne Could not have said it better had great time. Ok guys I know what your thinking if we had such a great time where in the heck are all the pictures there coming will be out shortly right Bruce

Yup. I hope to have photos over the weekend, Norma is downloading them tonight then I have to get my a&% moving. :drowsy:

I finally got around to posting a few photos, not as many as last year because we forgot the camera a couple of times. :rolleyes:

We've gone for the past few years and always have a great time. The weather this year was perfect with just a shower late Saturday night. Met up with two other bucketheads again this year - Ed (WMG) from PA and Ed (Fast Eddy) from New Jersey - and the wives...the six of us had a blast. 3,500+ cars, entertainment every night, lots of cruising on route 30, many good eating spots, $83,000 in prizes over the weekend including three $3,000 superprizes, they even had three T-buckets in the Circle of Champions on Sunday.
Watsons Streetworks sponsored a Bucket Brigade gathering Saturday. In the evening the roadsides were packed with locals sitting and watching the streetrods go by. I hope we can get more from this forum out next year.

Here are the photos:
http://s272.photobuc...ast%20-%20York/

And a video:
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/...als East - York/?action=view&current=P130.mp4

Ooops, I meant to say we met up "with two other bucketheads again this year - WAYNE (WMG) from PA and Ed (Fast Eddy) from New Jersey - and the wives...".

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back