Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine identification 327 ?

Now I got it runningafter finding points set wrong what about timing this is a 350 with 3/4 hydraulic cam with 2 four barrels on her , will it be any different for the set up I have or go with standard setting

WTF is a 3/4 cam , that terminology went out in the 50's .....Lol . Set the initial timing between 10-14° . Make SURE that your total timing (less vacuum advance ) does not exceed 34° ( unless you have aluminum heads , then you may be able to run a bit more) .If those numbers won't work , then you may have to re- curve the dist.

Only pay partial attention to 2O2F he's getting old, he is right the 3/4 cam doesn't tell us anything. We
need to see the cam card with all the specs. The more radical the cam the more initial timing they
typically need to idle properly. Total advance is pretty much the same no matter the camshaft with a
total advance of 34° to 35°.

It's OK, Guy. Some of us 'older' bucketheads understand that a "3/4 cam" means one with a little lope and greater than stock lift, but not radical. For simplicity sake, the timing numbers already recommended should get you in the ballpark and allow you to run it around a bit. When you're ready for the dyno or the drag strip, then the cam card would be helpful for a maximum tune.

Now if we say it's a 350 fuel pump won't match
When did " fuel pump " enter the discussion ??
Only pay partial attention to 2O2F he's getting old, he is right the 3/4 cam doesn't tell us anything. We
need to see the cam card with all the specs. The more radical the cam the more initial timing they
typically need to idle properly. Total advance is pretty much the same no matter the camshaft with a
total advance of 34° to 35°.
Don't pay too much attention to ,"computer experts " either., You never know how much B.S. they're spreading
It's OK, Guy. Some of us 'older' bucketheads understand that a "3/4 cam" means one with a little lope and greater than stock lift, but not radical. For simplicity sake, the timing numbers already recommended should get you in the ballpark and allow you to run it around a bit. When you're ready for the dyno or the drag strip, then the cam card would be helpful for a maximum tune.
IIRC, I have a year or two on you , 3/4 cam was our parents generation and didn't mean much then either....

... A block is a block is a block !.

A block is a block is a block, but if someone is looking for a certain year for a certain make to put in his or hers pride and joy to make it a number correct car, it's a chunk of gold. You can turn around buy that dump truck motor plus other goodies. It's nice to know what you have that's all.

The fuel pump is not pumping went to advance spent 2 hrs there not finding a pump to fit (350)no matter what pump they looked at the inlet and outlet not in the right place all pumps will run lines into the frame. so i ordered a high performance electric pump , car runs very nice if i keep putting gas in the carbs , I have no information on this car engine other then what you have given me

post a pic of the old pump ...pre '74 does not have the vapor port , just in &out.. ask for '73 chev. c-10 , 350 [5.7] 4-barrel

Picture ....PLEASE !! Edelbrock , Holley , Carter all offer aftermarket Chev pumps with clock able ports

A block is a block is a block, but if someone is looking for a certain year for a certain make to put in his or hers pride and joy to make it a number correct car, it's a chunk of gold. You can turn around buy that dump truck motor plus other goodies. It's nice to know what you have that's all.
I thought we were talking in relation to tbucket ?? AFA caring what it is , I've never had enough gold chains to worry about it !!

Reactions: Guy
I'm reasonably sure the first year for 3970010 was 1969 , that's the last year for the ,302 & 327 , what's the possibility of finding one ,not already in a classic car( impala , Chevelle, Camaro,) ???

Reactions: Guy
WTF is a 3/4 cam , that terminology went out in the 50's .....Lol . Set the initial timing between 10-14° . Make SURE that your total timing (less vacuum advance ) does not exceed 34° ( unless you have aluminum heads , then you may be able to run a bit more) .If those numbers won't work , then you may have to re- curve the dist.
I found the same pump last night after looking for a long time , if i can figure how to post a picture i will

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back