Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine turned (jeweled) dash

Very cool, Frank. Looks like a lotta work! :cool:

Next thing is the firewall. Can't really do that on the drill press, so may have to do that by hand. Very carefully.

Got a big fire roaring in the woodstove, makes it comfortable upstairs. Doing home repairs, get the house ready for sale. Garage should warm up by this afternoon.

Attachments

• garagetemp.JPG
    garagetemp.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 41
Nice! I have a brushed stainless piece that I salvaged from a refrigerator door that I plan to use on my dash, lol... Lazy way out. It matches my design theme. Good work!

Frank , you'll probably want to clear coat you're handy work , otherwise it's difficult to clean and keep looking sharp ...

Hey! 23crzyt! Did your avatar start life with a Corvair motor? Welcome to the site. I see you are in Yukon. Indycars is there and I’m about 30 minutes away. Let’s get together.

Very nice dash Frank! What is going in the other two open holes???

Hey! 23crzyt! Did your avatar start life with a Corvair motor? Welcome to the site. I see you are in Yukon. Indycars is there and I’m about 30 minutes away. Let’s get together.
Yes we should get together and tell some lies !

That dash is beautiful. I want to do one for my T someday. What did you use-a kit (such as Eastwood sells) or some other method?

Hey, Kev. I don't want to speak for Frank, but I know he didn't use a kit. Just some shop tools and a bit of ingenuity. Maybe Lincoln NuT will chime in here, since he's done the same thing.

You are right Spanky on the shop tools. Frank did his with some kind of stone that he got from Windy so he will have to tell about that. His is done somewhat different than mine was. I used a jury rigged drill press and some 2 inch Roloc cleaners. I used the medium style (red) Rolocs…….Lots of work but I really like the results...….DSCN2308.JPG

Kev that is an understatement...……...It will cross your eyes...…...but I sure like the effect......

I just saw a magazine ad for this stuff - fpmmetals.com

Man that looks awesome. I've used aluminum diamond plate and smooth plate before as panels and a dash on a jeep once but that turned out great

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back